First Lite Chamberlin Sizing

I know its another one of these threads, problem is I have had the same first lite item from Large to XXL all fit the same. Went back and forth with the Sitka Kelvin Down WS for a long time and finally decided the Chamberlin is it, and they just came back in stock yesterday so I want to get one ordered. I generally wear XL Kuiu or Sitka base layer tops through jackets, core/pelotons, Jetstream, Axis and they fit well and layer like I want. Chamberlin is intended to go over the base, peloton 240/97 (or both) and Axis. I'm 6'1" 210-215, my measurements line up with First Lite's Large size on their chart almost exact but on the top end, I ordered a wick SS in 2018 in XL and got a shirt that said M but was GIANT so exchanged and I think ended up with Large but the tag is worn off so I don't know, my order says XL but I think that was the original order.

Looking for others sizing experiences with the Chamberlin and how you are layering. I've seen several larges pop up in the classifieds in the last 3-4 months but haven't quite been convinced I'm a large.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I'd go XL. I'm 6'0 and 210, wear large in all FL base layers but went XL in Chamberlin. It's roomy but if it gets pulled out, it's going over several other layers. Specifically used it a lot this past season over FL base, Kuiu 260 and Kuiu Axis jacket. A large would fit fine over a base and fleece but would get tight if layered up much more than that.

Adammn

Lil-Rokslider
I agree about First Lite's sizing. Its always a gamble when buying from them. Their sizing is so inconsistent, even the exact same items vary in size. I have a lot of pieces from them. Mostly medium, but some large. I emailed them and asked what they suggest for sizing on the Chamberlin. They basically said, "get your normal size, or size up if you want to be sure it is big enough"

The medium Chamberlin fits me with a base layer and a couple of mid layers. However, it is about as tight as I would want to go. I considered returning it for a large. However, I fear I would be swimming in it. For reference, the medium uncompahgre 1.0 is definitely bigger. As long as you get the right size, I think you will like it. The jacket is super warm and incredibly comfortable.

sndmn11

WKR
2xl without question, we are the same size, there's no way I could be efficiently wearing an XL Chamberlain with any layers more than the midweigjt.

I have a Chamberlin in Cipher camo. I wear a size Medium in all of their tops and I am 6'-0" 185 lbs. The Medium fits me perfect on the Chamberlin.