First Lite Cirrus

Kotaman

WKR
Yes, out of 20+ puffy's owned, it is one of my favorites. So much so, I bought an second one in black to wear for "everyday". Ranks right up there with my Sitka Kelvin Ultra. The Ultra is warmer, but the synthetic FL does a better job with moisture management if you hike in it.

OP
O
Thanks for the reply. Do you think it would be warm enough to wear with a soft shell and merino base while glassing chilly mornings?

I have the cirrius puffy and the uncompadre vest- when combo up with a chama and merino base- I am good in any hunt below 10,000

The cirrius puffy under a rain jacket would cook you out.

The jacket is my favorite next to the soft shell, but I wont hunt in the soft shell- just not warm enough in wind. But the soft shell over the puffy compresses it and creates an oven inside

HookUp

WKR
I have a cirrus and uncompadre puffys, the cirrus gets 90% of the use. Unless its extreme wind or cold the cirrus with merino base and rain jacket covers archery and rifle seasons September to October. I keep my uncompadre for November when conditions can be down right nasty.

Last edited:
The cirrus or any puffy for that matter is always a good complement to provide extra insulation for still hunting/glassing

the cirrus should fit perfect for that application

if you need more help or pricing just let us know

bigharge

WKR
Any thoughts on the sizing of the Cirrus, I am usually a large in first lite merino but have needed a medium in the uncompahgre and the stormlight jackets

I've seen people say it runs slimmer and to size up from the uncompahgre?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kotaman

WKR
Any thoughts on the sizing of the Cirrus, I am usually a large in first lite merino but have needed a medium in the uncompahgre and the stormlight jackets

I've seen people say it runs slimmer and to size up from the uncompahgre?

Yes, you'll want to size up from the "unpronounceable"...I would guess you'll need a large.

pew

Lil-Rokslider
I have both and the Unc is sizably larger than the cirrus. That being said, for me, I'm glad I did not size up on the cirrus. As the less loose fit allows it to layer under the unc for deep cold.

bigharge

WKR
Yeah idk, I have a medium in the stormlight but a large in chama, just want to make sure it will layer ok, I'll probably just buy one size and then the other if it doesn't work. I don't mind altering sizes from one brand to the next but weird to alter sizes so much within the the same company. Oh well, if that's my biggest problem today I'm doing ok