First Lite Corrugate Foundry

JackSauer

FNG
Hi all, I got my First Lite Corrugate Foundry pants last week and was able to wear them for three days hunting black bear and wanted to share my thoughts and opinions. It’s a lot of money for pants and I decided to be the guinea pig for this one. I normally wear a 32x32 so I ordered the same and they fit perfect. Not tight, not loose, just perfect. Working top to bottom, the included suspenders are excellent. They stay out of the way and the belt clip is metal so I don’t see it breaking anytime soon. The waistband is tall and stiff, but it never digs in like a pair of tough jeans. It’s soft and moves with you. Jeans tear up my sides when I have a hip belt on and these never did that. The rear pockets are deep enough to fit a tall wallet in and still zip closed. The front pockets are deep and roomy. The pockets are all made with a mesh, I assume to help breathability. I like the double thigh pockets. They don’t get tight even when packed. I thought having them full and high kneeing over downed timber would suck but nothing ever dug into me. The side zippers seem well made and are easy to use. Opening them helps dump a lot of heat and makes getting to your zip off long Johns easier. The knee pads are nice, they are very long and so they cover a lot of leg. They work well but I tended to heat up behind them pretty quick. Opening the zipper a ways helps. I scrambled through some thick aspen patches/burned areas/thorn patch central and didn’t so much as nick the nylon material. I was sweating bullets going through that stuff because I have torn up a lot of other pants doing the same thing but the corrugates held up just fine. That in itself is a big reason I didn’t buy the merino version. All in all they are great pants, and if you can stomach the $190 price tag I think they are worth it. I usually don’t change my pants on a hunt so I only need one pair. I couldn’t justify two.

j_laucks

Lil-Rokslider
Really appreciate the review! I have the old Corrugates & Obsidians and have been considering consolidating to the new Corrugates.