First Lite Corrugate Foundry

Johnksully

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone worn the corrugate foundry pants yet? I'm very close to ordering a pair. I've ran the Obsidians for a few years now but durability isn't great. They vents on the new foundry pants look nice...

jd1006

WKR
I have a pair that I’ve worn a few times now. I think they are excellent. The addition of the hip vents combined with the water proof and knee pad capability makes them a versatile option from Late Sept into the Winter. I wore them with a baselayer on a cold March morning for a hike and they blocked wind well and when I did get a little warm from movement, I could open up the vents. The front pocket placement is very nice. An underrated element is the new suspender design…for those times you have a pack on, they are much less likely to cause a hot spot. I also have the Obsidian Foundry pants and they did address the issues with the crotch pilling and eventually seems blowing out. However, I am noticing the underlying merino fabric starting to come out in the areas they put nylon/dwr. It’s not a hole or anything—just fraying, but it is clear that the obsidian is still a more delicate pant that has a more specific purpose.

I know the catalyst update will be similar to the Corrugate Foundry, but just add fleece backing and a longer zipper vent…something to keep in mind if you are primarily late season hunting.

After having vents on pants, I don’t think I’d pay the prices these hunting apparel companies want, without them. It makes things so much more versatile.

I have pair of the the corrugate and the obsidian foundry. The corrugate foundry’s are a great pant. They do tend my run a little hotter than the regular corrugate if you are doing a lot of hiking and they would not be my choice of pants on a warmer day. Side vents, suspenders, pocket placement and removable knee pads are great. Having said all that, the obsidian foundry is my favorite of the two.