First Lite Corrugate Foundry

dan25

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking at purchasing pants for a Oct 31st-November 7th high country Colorado Mule deer hunt. I am looking hard at the new Corrugate Foundry pant, Kuiu attacks, Sitka Mountain, and Kuiu pro pant. It seems as though the Foundry might be best of everything with the side zips and removable knee pads. I'm always annoyed that most of these top companies don't have an outlet or storefront to try on near me. Any advice or feedback would be appreciated.

Any of those would be a good choice. If you want knee pads that narrows down your choices. KUIU and FL have hip vents and they're a huge factor in my opinion.

I can't comment on the FL but I love my Kuiu pro pants. They do well in wet conditions, and plenty of pockets. More importantly they can take a beating. I was a little hesitant on having knee pads, but thats probably what I like most. No more rocks and stickers in the knees when getting up after glassing. And walking you don't even notice the pads.

I happen to have all four.

attack and pro are super comfy, skinny jeans fit. Size up if you lift. They pick and pill but are mechanically very durable. Hips vents are the bomb. Knee pads on the pro are less noticeable but also less protective.

sikta are good. Fit is roomier they hold up well too. The timberline is probably closer to the foundDy with the knee and butt reinforcements. They are on the heavy side and cost $$$$. My local dicks and 1 other hunting shop stock Sitka so I can actually try them on.

I bought the foundry last spring so haven’t really worn them. Design seems solid. Slimmer fit than my older corrugates. I like the open (no mesh) hip vents a little less as a concept but I doubt I will mind as much when I put them into practice.

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them. Unfortunately, I cant offer comments on the FL pants other than prancing around my living room. If I wanted something lighter I would probably go mountain or attacks with a preference for the attacks for comfort. If I wanted something with more protection and durability, Sitka timberlines are an option. The FL foundry seems good too.

i hate to say it, but it is probably going to come down to fit And the only way to know that is going to be order about $1000 worth of pants and prance around your living room to decide and then return most of them. Even within brands, I sometimes order two sizes or end up returning for a different size to get the fit I want.

if you asked me to pick one right know, I would probably say the attacks or pros based on how they fit me and value. I have high hopes that the foundry’s will do well but I won’t know until I get them in the woods.

OP
D

dan25

Lil-Rokslider
I happen to have all four.

attack and pro are super comfy, skinny jeans fit. Size up if you lift. They pick and pill but are mechanically very durable. Hips vents are the bomb. Knee pads on the pro are less noticeable but also less protective.

sikta are good. Fit is roomier they hold up well too. The timberline is probably closer to the foundDy with the knee and butt reinforcements. They are on the heavy side and cost $$$$. My local dicks and 1 other hunting shop stock Sitka so I can actually try them on.

I bought the foundry last spring so haven’t really worn them. Design seems solid. Slimmer fit than my older corrugates. I like the open (no mesh) hip vents a little less as a concept but I doubt I will mind as much when I put them into practice.

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them. Unfortunately, I cant offer comments on the FL pants other than prancing around my living room. If I wanted something lighter I would probably go mountain or attacks with a preference for the attacks for comfort. If I wanted something with more protection and durability, Sitka timberlines are an option. The FL foundry seems good too.

i hate to say it, but it is probably going to come down to fit And the only way to know that is going to be order about $1000 worth of pants and prance around your living room to decide and then return most of them. Even within brands, I sometimes order two sizes or end up returning for a different size to get the fit I want.

if you asked me to pick one right know, I would probably say the attacks or pros based on how they fit me and value. I have high hopes that the foundry’s will do well but I won’t know until I get them in the woods.
Wow. I really appreciate that feedback. That makes my decision easy. I'm gonna go with the proven attacks or pros then...Thanks again.

Stevesc

FNG
I am looking at purchasing pants for a Oct 31st-November 7th high country Colorado Mule deer hunt. I am looking hard at the new Corrugate Foundry pant, Kuiu attacks, Sitka Mountain, and Kuiu pro pant. It seems as though the Foundry might be best of everything with the side zips and removable knee pads. I'm always annoyed that most of these top companies don't have an outlet or storefront to try on near me. Any advice or feedback would be appreciated.
If you don’t need the knee pad or side zip option I’m getting ready to list some obsidian foundry in ash grey 36-38’s with 33-35 inseam. I ordered them by mistake and didn’t realize until after I pulled tags, can’t return now. Tried them on and washed them and have since been in a plastic bin waiting on my trip 843-614-7955 I’ll let em go for a 100 plus shipping

OP
D

dan25

Lil-Rokslider
If you don’t need the knee pad or side zip option I’m getting ready to list some obsidian foundry in ash grey 36-38’s with 33-35 inseam. I ordered them by mistake and didn’t realize until after I pulled tags, can’t return now. Tried them on and washed them and have since been in a plastic bin waiting on my trip 843-614-7955 I’ll let em go for a 100 plus shipping
I have actually bought attacks. thanks

SanJuanCutthroat

Lil-Rokslider
I would probably say the attacks or pros based on how they fit me and value. I have high hopes that the foundry’s will do well but I won’t know until I get them in the woods.
Any updates you can offer on the pro vs corrugate foundry? Fit, warmth, durability, versatility, etc.

@SanJuanCutthroat

I wore my foundry pants 3-4 times last year. They picked and pulled a little on some thorns but durability was fine. No tears or exploding crotches or anything. Knee pads work as advertised and hip vents do the job. Fit is highly subjective. I am down a few pounds since I bought them and they are a little loose now. That has me preferencing the fit on the kuiu stuff but that isn’t a first lite issue. I think both are on par in terms of warmth And breathability. Both shed a little rain but the FL did a bit better in terms of moisture proofing. In fairness, my pro pants are a t least a couple of years older and have been used and washed more.

nothing against the FL pants. they are fine. I think overall I tend to like my kuiu attack and pros and my Sitka mountains and timberlines more. If I had to make a recommendation based my experience also factoring in cost, it would be KUIU. Honestly though it comes down to some pretty subjective notions about fit and feel though and the only way to figure that out would be to buy a lot of different pants and do the Pepsi challenge For yourself. I think it is hard to go really wrong with any of them.