First Lite Flash Sale Sizing and Labeling?

I have a couple older First Lite Llano shirts that are getting pretty full of holes so I figured I would take advantage of the 20% off flash sale this past week. Ordered a Wick 150 SS and it shipped quick and got here Saturday. Weird thing is package tag says "M's Wick SS Crew - XL" then the shirt tags that are attached with the plastic string thing say "M's Wick SS Crew - MD" and the stamped on tag at the back of your neck says "Aerowool Wick Ultralight 150 with MD below the line outline". I didn't even check any tags except the packing slip and label on the bag that both said XL like I ordered. Now the weird thing is I'm pretty sure I couldn't wear a medium unless it had alot of stretch and I wanted it to be tight like Underarmour when it first came out. The shirt fits and it actually long enough just really confused about the labels. Top is tight around my chest and arms then kind of poofs out around my waist. Very different fit from 2011-2012 Llano tops. Planning to call First Lite this morning but thought I would check and see if anyone else noticed this that may have ordered during the flash sale.

MTarrowflinger

Lil-Rokslider
9 times out of 10 it was just labeled incorrectly at the factory. When the warehouse is fulfilling an order, they aren’t checking what size the shirt actually is, they’re scanning a barcode on a box or poly-bag and sending it on its way. If the tag says XL, everything goes off without a hitch until you open it and it’s medium.

Even if you decide to keep it, let them know so they can forward that information to their factory to try to prevent it in the future.

Interesting. I own both a Llano long sleeve QZ and Wilkin, both in medium that fit perfect. I ordered a medium wick 150 QZ during the sale last week and got it today. This thing fits huge, like it's actually a large or XL. Extremely long arms and very baggy and long in the body. The tag on the shirt, the bag and packing slip all say medium but it doesn't fit like a medium at all. It even looked huge when I first held it up before putting it on.

OP
doverpack12
I had a hard time getting someone to answer the phone even when I called right at 9:00 am Mountain Time which is when they said they opened. Had to leave a message and tried two more times before they called back around 2:30 or 3 Mountain Time. Nice to talk to and they were willing to send me a return shipping label and send out the correct size as soon as I notify the wrong or shirt in question above shows up in the tracking system. We will see how the next one fits.

MTarrowflinger

Lil-Rokslider
What patterns did you guys order? I have a Cipher 150 getting here today and I'm wondering if I should be concerned...

garbs

FNG
Mine just came and it looks like 2 out of the 4 items in my order were incorrectly tagged and bagged. I leave for an elk hunt next weekend so hopefully First Lite comes through.

OP
doverpack12
I leave tomorrow so the shirt will have to wait for the weekend of the 8th

jestanw1

FNG
I ordered a Medium Uncompahgre earlier this summer and the hang tag was labeled a medium but the inside of the puffy said XL. the actual size was XL and had to be sent back for replacement. It seems like First Lite is having a huge issue with this.

WJS23

WKR
My large SS wick in fusion came in today. I’m 5’10 215 it’s tight in the upper body and loose in the waist and it’s longer than my old firstlite SS. Overall it’s seams to fit like it’s supposed to

I got a replacement shirt sent to me and just received it. Same shirt, same size on the tag and this new one fits perfect. My first one was definitely labeled incorrectly on the shirt and firstlite is aware of the issue now.

CMR4

FNG
Ordered Obsidian Pants, Fuse 200 QZ & Bottoms and 2 pair of wick 150 Boxers during the sale. All were labeled and sized correctly. No camo. All either dry earth or black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tower

FNG
I bought Wick boot top bottoms in dark earth, wick long boxer briefs in conifer, and fuse long johns in dark earth. All were XL and labeled and tagged correctly. All three fit correctly, however I sent the fuse long johns back for exchange due to a small 1" section of the inner thigh seam that didn't get stitched.

FL Customer service was exceptional, as usual (for me).

Still waiting on pre-ordered liner gloves.

OP
doverpack12
Finally got the replacement/exchange yesterday. I decided after discussing sizing on the phone to get a Large. The shirt and package were labelled correctly this time and the Large fit even though all previous First Lite merino Llano tops have been XL. I fit right at the top end of the large according to the size chart and I would say that is how it fits. I probably could have worn the XL just fine and been able to wash and dry. Washed the shirt last night but decided to hang dry to make sure it wouldn't shrink.