First Lite for Elk Hunt?

TomJoad

WKR
Thanks,
I actually just got an email that they sent me a new pair of the obsidian pants. Considering how ripped they were that is good customer service. However they aren’t going to replace them again. Maybe I will sell them and get some currugate
Really good to hear this. I was about to put these in the compost, wasn't even going to try with FL but I may get in touch with them now to see if I can recoup some of this cost.

Thanks for the input. Ended up getting corrugate pants, and realized I have a hoody that will work, and have a puffy, and my heavy wool if it's too cold. Think my wife will get corrugate pants and kiln hoody unless she wants something else.

My lady enjoys the kiln too. Most puffy coats dont block the wind. Biggest reason I carry a rain coat. I also carry a 6x9 silply tarp for the thunderstorms and shelter. It weight is like 7.5 oz

OP
C
My lady enjoys the kiln too. Most puffy coats dont block the wind. Biggest reason I carry a rain coat. I also carry a 6x9 silply tarp for the thunderstorms and shelter. It weight is like 7.5 oz
Thanks I'll let her know. Good idea with the tarp. I'll look for one.

Hondo

WKR
The Obsidians would be more comfortable (and more quiet) for September than the Corrugates. I haven't had any major issues with mine but they are certainly not as durable. The Prana Zion suggestions are worthy of consideration. Some zip off base layer bottoms would be nice to have that time of year.

I would go with the Wick Hoody and layer over it with the Klamath QZ or Hoody. I love the Kiln too but the Klamath layers better for me and makes for a more durable outer layer which is likely occurrence in September. Those with a puffy vest or jacket plus a rain shell and you should be set other than headwear, gloves, socks & boots.

First Lite has some great stuff but I absolutely love their merino 3/4 zip off thermals. Don't pass those up.