First lite fusion or cipher for treestand hunting

Not a tree stand hunter but not sure you can make a wrong choice.
But camo is more about breaking up your outline and matching the color "tone"
So when you look into the trees you will be sitting picture what tone would stick out to you more, Light or dark?
Fusion has darker tones, Cypher lighter.

jmazz

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure this will help you make your choice but... I was wearing fusion in the stand in NE Kansas last weekend and had a doe and a spike get 10 yards from me. Neither knew I was there. Over the weekend I had about a dozen deer within 100 yards with one of those being a large buck that walked past at 30 yards. At first I was concerned about wearing my fusion this early in the season with the leaves still being so green but now I'm sold on it. I also have a cipher shirt but I haven't tried that out in the tree stand so I can't vouch for it yet.

OP
Whitetaildown215

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the responses so far. I'm interested in the sanctuary set for late season. Just wondering if the fusion would throw a deer off with the green.

There just gonna see green as a dark tone. So if you think a dark tone would stick out that time of year I'd consider the cypher

I think it was m2d camo that has comparison pics of how animals see. Not exactly sure how they could get that info but if they still do check out those pics and how the tones supposedly work.
Interesting food for thought anyways.
Good luck

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
As mentioned above your choice should be based on tones. If you are in a darker, hardwood area I would go with fusion. Lighter, open crop fields cipher would be a better choice. I have personally used both with great success.

elkyinzer

WKR
Deer are red-green colorblind

Deer see movement exceptionally well but have poor visual clarity

Treestand hunting, I think the most valid concern is being skylined. Think about what will somewhat blend in with the sky and some treetops as a background (light colors).

I often don't even wear camo, but I think avoiding dark "blob" patterns is the only approach with any reasonably scientific basis. Fusion is pretty dark. Cipher is a little better. I would go with whichever makes more fashionable and otherwise versatile.

LostArra

WKR
I have a terribly faded, stretched out and poorly fitted Chama in fusion that I wear over anything and everything when I'm hunting a treestand. It makes me feel hidden but I don't think the deer really care.

I have a set of fusions and I have been very close to some white tails on the ground and in a stand. It works well. I actually played with a little doe that walked past me while I was standing on a big rock. I moved and made just enough noise for her to realize something was there. She looked straight at me and tilted her head a few times. She walked off not liking what she couldn’t see.

I haven’t used cypher, I am sure they would both work quite well.

OP
Whitetaildown215

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
Ive always used Ditka EV2 in the past with great results but am very interested in the sanctuary set, I should also say that I will probably use it late season coyote hunting as well, and feel the cypher would be better for that.

OFFHNTN

WKR
As mentioned above your choice should be based on tones. If you are in a darker, hardwood area I would go with fusion. Lighter, open crop fields cipher would be a better choice. I have personally used both with great success.

My thoughts exactly.
IF I had to only pic one, it would be Fusion. But I have a full line of both and love them.

Desert Dan

Lil-Rokslider
Either will be fine. I have mostly cipher because I hunt southern Arizona but whenever I have the chance I hunt Wisconsin for the rut in early November. Last year I had deer walk ten yards away from the tree stand from my left to right. It was clear there was no buck in tow so I did what any moron would do - I took out my phone and filmed them as they browsed their way past me. They were right in front of me and even though I was a little bit silhouetted none of them had a clue I was there until one caught my wrist moving as I moved the phone to film the last doe. She stopped dead in her tracks, jerked her head up right at me (again, within 10-15 yards), checked me out for a couple seconds, and went right back to feeding. She wouldn't have picked up anything if I hadn't moved even that little bit. Break up your silhouette and stay still and they won't pick you out.

dan

DougP

Lil-Rokslider
I prefer fusion because my whitetail gear doubles as my turkey gear. It’s a lot greener in the spring around here and camo pattern DOES make a difference on birds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WJS23

WKR
Your over thinking it bud, get what ever one you can get for cheaper. 90% of the time I have solid color pants on.