First lite fusion or cipher for treestand hunting

I ran fusion all year filming whitetail hunts and I really think people underestimate how good it looks in the stand.

Attachments

• clay.photo.story-004.JPG
    clay.photo.story-004.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
  • clay.photo.story-008.JPG
    clay.photo.story-008.JPG
    793.2 KB · Views: 70
  • clay.photo.story-005.JPG
    clay.photo.story-005.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
  • clay.photo.story-007.JPG
    clay.photo.story-007.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 69
  • RYER.HUNT_PICS-095.JPG
    RYER.HUNT_PICS-095.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 65
I ran fusion all year filming whitetail hunts and I really think people underestimate how good it looks in the stand.
You are right, it does the job for sure.

My two cents is that fusion is one of the best looking and most versatile patterns out there. I worn it this year in MN from September through December for archery. Only deer that ever pegged me had my wind and I was able to fill a few tags.

That said, there are a lot more important factors than camo type to successful tree stand hunting. I’d rather hunt with no camo than hunt a bad wind.

kissell59

FNG
They are coming out with the specter camouflage for whitetail hunting. But I use fusion here in PA

slong

FNG
It all looks good. I live farther south in NC and our oaks look almost white once the leaves are gone. I still use the greens and never have any issue.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Lowg08

WKR
I feel weird if I match all over. I have fusion pants cipher hoodie brown pants fusion catalyst. Kuiu valo, olive green Sitka open country under armor barren. I tend to agree with Dan Infalts three camo idea. It makes sense. If you’re one camo in the wrong environment then your still not hidden. Maybe? If it’s three it breaks up all
Your features. I’ll buy it but I also wear allot of solids so it can all be bull too

pharmdeez

FNG
I wear cipher mixed with solids. I don’t think pattern matters a whole lot. Movement is the key.

j_laucks

Lil-Rokslider
I have had both. Mixing and matching the two is good as well. I think Cipher blends a little better late season but also in marshy or dry grass areas. Fusion crosses over nice for Turkey hunting. The new specter looks like the best of both worlds if you don't have either yet.

Go with what pleases your eye. I cover my Sitka gear with a $3 orange vest I got 20 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fowleasy

FNG
Fusion is your best bet. But they have released a new camo pattern called specter for tree stand hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
Just your barstool whitetail expert here-

It’s about breaking up your human shape; not blending in. Staying still and downwind (and thermal) of their movements is where it all gets tricky

I have both and oodles of other camo. Not sure it matters and that’s coming from a guy that hunts high pressure hell in the north east

EGBARTSTJ

FNG
I’m a fan of both the fusion and cipher. I do believe fusion “blends” the best in a wider range of environments but all in all as long as you play the wind, be still and do your scouting it wouldn’t really matter.

Ndodge

FNG
When you are 300 yards away with a rifle, wear whatever you want. When you are 20 yards away you'll be happy with either one.

Last edited: