First Lite Gear

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
What's up with all these damn hoodies anyway???
What do you mean? I think just about every base and mid layer you can buy with or without the hood and even some of FL' s outer layers. Alot of guys like the hood on them cause when it is your outer layer you can use the hood for things like extra concealment and sun protection. Yes I agree it could be a pita if you get 3 hoods going but I guess that's where your left to decide how often it will be an outer layer. Or just keep one tucked back and not use it when you have more than one. I personally prefer a hood on my stuff. I'd rather have it available and not use it then wish I had one

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tomks

FNG
Guide pants and soft shell jacket... but I haven't gotten to use my Klamath yet I have a feeling it'll be right up there

twall13

WKR
I have a question for guys that own both the kiln and klamath hoody. I just got into first lite layers and first got the kiln, then the klamath. Being new to first lite I had no idea that the fleece was fairly thin and in my eyes either could be warn in ABOUT the same situations. I get that one is merino and one fleece therefore they perform differently but can anyone give me some ideas as to when they might chose to take one over the other? Does anyone ever wear both and a aerowool ss/ls when the temps are just above freezing 35-45 ?

I don't have the Kiln but do have it's predecessor the Chama. Comparing it to the Klamath I don't really see a use for both at the same time personally though I suppose it could be done, there are probably better options out there if you need more warmth.

The Klamath will be a tad warmer and more wind resistant and will dry slightly faster. The Kiln is more breathable and won't hold odors as much being a Merino product. When I choose to use one as a next to skin layer I use the kiln/chama. As a second layer I've come to prefer the Klamath as I don't need the odor resistance as much and I don't really like layering Merino on Merino as it tends to bunch up. Both are good second layer options so it really comes down to personal preference.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

strand

Lil-Rokslider
It really depends on what style of hunt I'm doing, but if I could only keep 1 FL piece, Obsidian pants. That would be the hardest thing for me to replace with something from their competitors.

2. Cirrus puffy jacket - tons of similar options on the market, but I'm very fond of mine
3. Aerowool boxers - the only underoos I've found that can go multiple days without major funk
4. llano long sleeve - softest, most comfortable, best fitting, least smelly merino shirt I own. Again, fairly easy to replace with all the other merino on the market but my beat up llano long sleeve makes the cut on almost every trip to the hills.

What do you mean? I think just about every base and mid layer you can buy with or without the hood and even some of FL' s outer layers. Alot of guys like the hood on them cause when it is your outer layer you can use the hood for things like extra concealment and sun protection. Yes I agree it could be a pita if you get 3 hoods going but I guess that's where your left to decide how often it will be an outer layer. Or just keep one tucked back and not use it when you have more than one. I personally prefer a hood on my stuff. I'd rather have it available and not use it then wish I had one

Ha! I laugh about it all the time! I think those first lite guys were rappers in another life!!! They will put a hoodie on a pair of gloves!!! I can’t hear thunder wearing a hoodie so, I don’t use them. I wish they offered a removable hoodie on outerwear. I haven’t bought any of the latest items because they have those hoods! To each his own!

Dmiller25

FNG
Mine is definitely the sawtooth zip up hoody. Very versatile piece can be used all season.

15layherb

FNG
I have a ridiculous amount. Klamath hoody and merino x 330 Henley are neck and neck for a favorite piece.