First Lite gloves

sivart

WKR
Does anyone have any input on their glove line? I'm specifically interested in the Talus, shale, and alpine cold weather glove.

Anyone with experience?

ChrisAU

WKR
I use the Talus full finger under the Talus fingerless a lot in very cold weather, and like the talus fingerless alone for mild-cool weather. Love the versatility of it, and the touch screen feature of the full finger works well. The price is right too. I also have Shale gloves to wear when the Talus are wet or for when I need more durability in the palm for camp chores.

I'm interested as well, particularly in the talus fingerless gloves. The reviews I have read say that the new version is not as good as the previous versions.

ChrisAU

WKR
I'm interested as well, particularly in the talus fingerless gloves. The reviews I have read say that the new version is not as good as the previous versions.

For disclaimer, I have the old fingerless and the new full finger. The new full finger is not near as lofted/thick. Which come to think of it the new fingerless isn't either, my buddy got some. I hope my old ones last a while but I when the do bite the dust I will just get the new ones.

K

Kootenay Hunter

I have the shale glove. Nice balance of some warmth and not too bulky. I use them for still hunting.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I ran the talus fingerless underneath the grizzly trigger mits in below zero temps all week this week in northern Minnesota. Into the -15 range with wind chill. Hands were warm as can be sitting still all day.

Snowey79

Lil-Rokslider
I am running the catalyst gloves as well as the full finger talus older style and fingerless gloves. All are good gloves each for different times and temps. The catalyst are not super durable so one has to be careful not to tear them up but for the most part do there job.

Ps, I run a little on the cold side so I am always wearing one set of these gloves sometime in combination

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Alpine Cold Weather and the Grizzly Trigger 2.0

The are about the same warmth (grizzly slightly warmer due to the crab fingers style) but I used mainly the Grizzly Trigger because it could slide over everything with it's gauntlet. If I was moving in really cold weather, I could see the alpine being nice because they wouldn't be too bulky. They pack better too.

For reference this was in below 0 wind chills and I was never cold. I certainly would not wear the alpine gloves when moving.

There was light snow and it turned to water and beaded off very good when I was wearing them.

I have really liked the shale hybrids and they have become my main glove. The only thing I don't like is that they are already starting to show wear and tear after a month or so of heavy use.

LJ Buck

WKR
I love alpine glove. And both the Talus gloves are great.

If you want 100percent water proof though I would go with Sitka cold front GTX