First Lite Kanab pant 2012

hflier

WKR
I just don't see how a company can not want to supply the demand. I have a complete set of just about every piece of First Lite clothing available. I love them all, but my Kanab pants blew out the crotch and I cannot find a replacement anywhere. Just in case anyone is wondering they were 2011's and they (First Lite) are refunding my money. But I really want the pants! So if anyone has a set of 2012 ASAT Mediums you want to sell, let me know.

I wore a pair of 2012 Kanab's this hunting season and absolutely LOVED them. I wore them on a high-country mule deer hunt in Colorado, an elk hunt in the Gila in New Mexico, and a late October mule deer hunt in New Mexico. I bought a pair of 2011 pants on clearance in Medium at first. I'm 5'8", 175 lbs and have about a 33" waist. I couldn't even get those pants over my thighs. No such issue with a pair of 2012 pants in Medium. They fit like a dream, are well put together, and they can put up with loads of use and still remain relatively scent free. My biggest issue now is figuring out when I'll wear all the other clothes in my hunting closet because I keep coming back to these. I have a closet full of Sitka but almost exclusively wore the First Lite this year. Great stuff from First Lite!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I have just about every brand of merino. The First Lite is by far the softest Merino that I own!! The 2012 Kanabs Rok! I did think anything would be better than the attack pants, but I struggle with which pair to wear each time I go out. It also sounds like FL has some killer stuff coming out in 2013. hflier call FL and talk to Kenton. He might be able to find some for you.

noroads

FNG
I use different brands of merino wool as well and I honestly like them all. I bought a pair of the 2011 FL kanabs and they were decent. I thought the weight, warmth and lack of smell was awesome. However, I had two problems with them: one, the crotch ripped very easily on the second day and two, the pant really rubbed on my kneecap to the point it actually became very irritated and then painful. FL is a great company though and refunded my money. I hope the new pants are more durable. This past season I used the attack pants and loved them. The fit was excellent and the fact that they stretch more was great. I'll definitely keep using the merino for my tops and base layers but probably stick with the synthetics for pants.

-Adam