First Lite Kanab pant 2012

cmeier117

WKR
Anyone trying the new pant? I have a pair coming soon, just wondering if anyone else is going to try them?

dotman

WKR
I was going to but then kuiu had a sale and I ended up with the attack pant.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
I still may get the Attack pants! I really need to get some. I am just so curious about a wool pant.

dotman

WKR
I am too, would like to hear if they worked out all the issues. I really wanted to complete my FL gear but not going to happen now :)

I hope they are better than the 2011 version. Mine shrunk real bad and I didn't dry them in the dryer or wash them in hot water. Also, they seemed to still have an issue with the fitting as they did with the Gila pants from the year before. I hope they get it right as I love their other clothing! Merino wool is the cat's meow and First Lite is a great company.

A side note.. Keeton offered to have my pants exchanged at no cost, after they had been worn a few times, I just never got around to getting them exchanged. Looking forward to the new stuff!

attachment.php

jframe

FNG
first time post-LOVE this site.
my wife and kids ordered the 2011 kanabs and the springer vest for me for dads day.
vest is awesome,same as my chama shirt and the longjohns (forgot the catchy name)
the pants looked great and fairly rugged esp for how light/thin they were.they seem to be well made.
however the fit was bad.Way to tight in the seat and thigh.bummer,but i kinda knew i was rolling the dice with buying the 2011 kanabs.but with the clearance prices,i was able to get the vest and the pants(0r so i thought)

anyway,i called FL and they were cool about it and are gonna leave the $ in my FL account till the 2012 pants cime out and then apply it to them

The Kanab has been a work in progress over the past few years. Fit has been an issue with all First Lite Pants since they introduced the Gila a few years back. This year they have ironed out the fit issues and I can tell you first hand that they have gotten pretty close to perfecting a merino wool pant. The 2012 Kanab is quiet, comfy and fits like an outdoor pant should. The 2012 Kanab is not as constricting through the thigh and seat allowing for greater range of movement. Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions.

http://www.storycreekinc.com/

Mike
Story Creek

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
I am excited to try them for sure. What are you guys thinking for the Kanab vs Attach or similar synthetic pant? When would you use the Kanab pants? Are they better in warmer dryer climates?

I wore the 2011 version last year for 9 days straight in Washington. Temps were 35 to 85 and they were awesome. I was impressed with them u Neil the crotch ripped out while jumping up on a log.

There isn't a better company on the market when it comes to wool in my opinion!!! I am starting with a set of gear in Max-1 for early season and spring turkey and am considering picking up a few items in ASAT for my late season Mule Deer hunts in the Kansas CRP, milo, and corn fields.

I highly recommend trying on the pants before you buy them. EVERYTHING else they make/sell is awesome!!! The pants, well, they need some work...

I to had my gila exchanged by Kenton for the new Kanabs. I was hesitant because Kenton insisted that I get a large Kanab when I normally wear a medium pant. I took his advise and the new Kanab are great fit is a lot looser then the form fitting Gilas. They don't restrict movement and I am real satisfied with them.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I would like to try some first lite, but I already own so much other merino wool its hard to justify. That and everything from Ibex, Icebreaker, Smartwool, and even Kuiu seems to be the same feel/function as the el cheapo stoic I wear most often I got off of steep and cheap its hard to justify the premium prices the other companies want.