First Lite Kenab Pants?

drthornton

Lil-Rokslider
I need more Camo clothes like I need a hole in the head but I had a goal of putting together a MAX-1 set for 2012. I got the FL Chama and picked up Some Core 4 Switchback pants to match.

For the past couple years I have used Sitka Ascent and Core Zip Ts which have done great except I wish the Ascents had a gusseted croth and they seem to have shrunk in the inseam...even though I wash them in cold water, stretch them and air dry them. I either have High Waters or a croth that hangs 6" down.(insert joke here)

I read a lot about Merino base layers and tops but not a lot about pants. Found some Kenabs on sale in my size and wondering how they preform.

Would really like to hear direct comparison between KUIU Attack pants and First Lite Kenabs.

Thanks

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I love first lite base layers and tops, but the Kenabs are not in the same leauge as the attack pants. The attack pants are more duriable and a lot more comfortable.

Lawnboi

WKR
I love wool for baselayers, but i dont see myself ever owning wool outer layer pants. It just cant stand up to the abuse these high tech synthetics can these days. Its also pretty fragile depending on the weight.

What Ryan said. I have tried both and the attack are a step ahead. However the kanabs are a very nice pair of pants. I want to see their 2012 version.

ridgefire

WKR
i have been happy with my kanab pants so far.. i like them better than my 90% pants but they are quite a bit lighter for sept hunts so that may be why

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The new model Kanab pants should be out soon, so I would see how those are before making a decision. The cut is supposed to be a little different and it sounds like they've improved in other areas as well.

J-Daddy

WKR
Talked to a guy in WY I've done some business with about them the other day and he said he bought them last year because he wanted good pants in Max-1 and he didn't like his...He said they fit to much like a pair of skinny jeans for his taste...Nothing I hate worse than really tight pants, but I'm waiting to hear some feedback on the 2012 version.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have some of the 2012 stuff now and they've made great improvements from last years line.

I'll keep everyone posted on the new pants when I get them.

J-Daddy

WKR
Aron is the cut a little more generous for us full figured boys, lol?????
Even if I get stuff to cover up my beer belly "and not end up looking like T-Bone in spandex" I have a hell of a time getting certain items to fit me through the chest and shoulders. Even when I do my part and watch what I eat and work out and get down around 200lbs I have issues with the chest & shoulder fit with alot of the higher end stuff...I'm like 5'10" and the last time I tried some Sitka stuff I needed a 2xl - 3xl to be comfortable through the chest and shoulders and I was like 210 at that time "about 230'ish right now". I have the same issues with certain pants fitting me through the thigh area as well, they get so tight I can't hardly get my hands in my pockets.

dotman

WKR
Aron is the cut a little more generous for us full figured boys, lol?????
Even if I get stuff to cover up my beer belly "and not end up looking like T-Bone in spandex" I have a hell of a time getting certain items to fit me through the chest and shoulders. Even when I do my part and watch what I eat and work out and get down around 200lbs I have issues with the chest & shoulder fit with alot of the higher end stuff...I'm like 5'10" and the last time I tried some Sitka stuff I needed a 2xl - 3xl to be comfortable through the chest and shoulders and I was like 210 at that time "about 230'ish right now". I have the same issues with certain pants fitting me through the thigh area as well, they get so tight I can't hardly get my hands in my pockets.

Large would fit and xl would be a little loose. I'm 5'11 215 and have a 44in chest. I got everything in a large except the labrabor I went with an xl since it will be the last layer of my wool system. Fit is awesome with this stuff.

I did hear the fit of the kanabs for a 34in waist that I should get a 2xl and then I heard about how the pants were not holding up so I went with microtex.

Last edited:

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I can't comment on the new pants yet, but the sizes for the tops are very true. I like mine a little loose and went with XL, but large would have fit too.

Dotman and I are pretty close to the same size and it sounds like he's coming up with the same thing.

J-Daddy

WKR
I'm like 46.5" through the chest, I'll probably opt up for a XXL in the top...T-Shirts and stuff like that I always go XL but for something I'll be wearing as an outter layer alot of the time I'm better off with a XXL if I put anything much under them "like a hoodie". What camo did you get Aron??? ASAT or MAX-1???Just wondering how they both look on that material, sometimes certain fabric can make the patterns alot darker it seems like.

dotman

WKR
I'm like 46.5" through the chest, I'll probably opt up for a XXL in the top...T-Shirts and stuff like that I always go XL but for something I'll be wearing as an outter layer alot of the time I'm better off with a XXL if I put anything much under them "like a hoodie". What camo did you get Aron??? ASAT or MAX-1???Just wondering how they both look on that material, sometimes certain fabric can make the patterns alot darker it seems like.

I would say an xl would fit you well, xxl might be too loose cause a 46 is the bottom of the xl range.