First Lite Klamath or Sawtooth?

Leroy91

FNG
What is warmer or more versatile? The Klamath or the Sawtooth? I feel like the Klamath would likely be comparably warm and be quieter as it is fleece, but lacks a slight functionality advantage found in the full length zip and hand pockets in the Sawtooth for donning and doffing. I wear a backpack all the time while hunting and am also concerned that the Sawtooth may prematurely wear through the merino on top of the shoulder blades where the nylon sheath terminated from packstrap chaffing.
Thoughts?

come2elmo

WKR
the sawtooth is warmer to me as it is overall a bit heavier then the klamath's lighter waffle pattern texture. The sawtooth has a hoody sweatshirt feel to me with the thin merino back that seems a bit odd until you throw a pack on. Haven't got many miles on mine though.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Klamath is a perfect mid layer for me. Light weight and dries super fast, fits snug so you can layer over it. In the summer it’s nice as an over layer if it cools off at camp at night.

GIS

Lil-Rokslider
I have both. I ran the sawtooth for a year before getting the klamath hoody. The klamath is more versatile to me and I haven't used the sawtooth since getting it.

I wear a wick long sleeve as my base and the klamath as my second layer. The klamath breathes really well and dries out a lot faster than the sawtooth. I'm either wearing it or its in my pack. Only complaint is I wish it had thumb loops for layering over it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

MillCreekMike

Lil-Rokslider
The Sawtooth is warmer if you have a pack on, otherwise my back got cold. It's just too funky for my kit, it's hard to explain, it's like me in high school, it just don't fit in... I sold it, I still have my Klamath and use it a lot.

I have both and now my oldest kid uses the sawtooth for wearing to school. My kalamath hoody is dope and is a nice addition to my glassing outfit under my puffy.

rghent

FNG
I found the sawtooth to be much warmer and since it’s merino I’ve found it doesn’t breath as well as the Klamath if you’re already wearing a merino base layer. However I’ve found that because the Klamath is so breathable as an active insulation piece that it keeps me a little chilled When im still at camp or out glassing wear I find the sawtooth to be perfect in these cases assuming a light base layer in both cases. For me it depends on the style of hunt. Backpacking im bringing the Klamath, truck hunting or day trips i run the sawtooth.

Hondo

WKR
I find the Sawtooth to be warmer but the Klamath to be more versatile as it dries faster and packs lighter and smaller. I'm glad I have both.

Scorpion

WKR
Sawtooth is warmer, Klamath more versatile. Agree with the post above that the Sawtooth is a little odd and didn’t fit into my system. Loved it as an outer layer for mild to cool weather stand sits. Klamath all day for any backpacking.

Jusldavi

FNG
Is the klamath tight fitting? Trying to figure out what size to get. I'm 6'2" 245lbs.

jackle1886

Lil-Rokslider
The Klamath runs large IMO. I'm 6ft 175 athletic build and a medium I swim in over a base layer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Jbxl20

WKR
I have both in large. I’m 5’9 165. The sawtooth fits perfect and the Klamath Is pretty big on me. The are both completely different pieces. I wear the sawtooth out a lot. I just bought the Klamath haven’t used it much but it is comfortable

Hondo

WKR
The Sawtooth runs tighter in the shoulders than the Klamath in the same size and I think it has more to do with the cut than the fabric.

Jbxl20

WKR
I agree the Klamath is true to size and I was just thinking the other day about trading for a medium. I had the sawtooth first and it fit snug. Just don’t try on a sawtooth and expect the same fit for a Klamath or vice Vera.