First Lite Labrador

JNDEER

WKR
I am in need of a highly breathable yet very warm outer layer. Temps usually foggy to slight mist in the low 30's and in the day 60 up to 70. It seems I can never find the perfect snug fitting lightweight outerlayer that will keep me comfortable hiking as well as sitting for a few hours in the cold.

I got a llano and used it for our A zone (100+) and to my surprise it worked very well. Kept me cool, yet also kept me warm (expensive/comfortable hunting clothing is a new thing for me).

Anyone who has the Labrador if I pair it with a Llano or UA cold gear and maybe a light poly layer would the Labrador work for what I am asking of it??

Lawnboi

WKR
Sounds like a good breathable softshell with pitzips would flip the bill better than wool would, wouldnt hold as much moisture either.

OP
J

JNDEER

WKR
Sounds like a good breathable softshell with pitzips would flip the bill better than wool would, wouldnt hold as much moisture either.

Anything specific that you are thinking of?

dotman

WKR
Labrador is great but there are better options. Wind will go right thru this but I find that when moving through the thick stuff nothing else is as quiet. They should have added a windproof but breathable membrane.

Lawnboi

WKR
Anything specific that you are thinking of?

id be using my kuiu guide. Gives some wind resistance and water resistance unlike the wool.

Lots of good softshells out there, just be sure to get one with pit zips. May or may not want a windproof membrane as well like with the sitka jetstream.

If Camo is not what you need then there are many options from various backpacking brands.

OP
J

JNDEER

WKR
Well, it is not Kuiu but I just picked up the Core4 on camofire cheap. I would assume they are fairly compatible, at least for my purpose.

thanks for everyone's input.