First Lite layering system

Lowg08

WKR
First lite wool is top notch. I won’t lie though I do have the kuiu zip off 145 and think highly of them too.

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Not to derail this thread, but I have a relevant question. I just bought a large softshell Catalyst jacket and it seems baggy in the body, but the length and arms are perfect. Is this piece designed to be an outer layer over a fleece or puffy? Or should I size down to a medium to keep it a little closer to my body and layer a puffy over it? Thanks in advance!

Lowg08

WKR
Not to derail this thread, but I have a relevant question. I just bought a large softshell Catalyst jacket and it seems baggy in the body, but the length and arms are perfect. Is this piece designed to be an outer layer over a fleece or puffy? Or should I size down to a medium to keep it a little closer to my body and layer a puffy over it? Thanks in advance!
I found it perfect for a puffy vest , Klamath and fuse top but a puffy jacket wouldn’t work in the sleeves. I sold mine and went puffy jacket rain shell

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the furnace? I really dig the henley and I think it would be great for waterfowl but I run pretty warm and already have the Klamath which is my all time favorite piece.
How are you finding the Klamath? What do you usually layer under it when hunting? I’m looking to get it but I’m torn because I already have the kiln hoodie and don’t want to add to many hoods to my layering system for later season hunts (I know about the quarter zip Klamath, but I’m a huge fan of hoods for warmth when not wearing my UnCompadre)

Let me know if you don’t mind,

Appreciate it,

- WJ

As a diehard KUIU guy from the start I feel the FL baselayers are way better. For starts the sizing isnt so hit and dang miss adn way more comfortable. Love my air wick and my Kiln. Also like the boot height long johns

kbraune

FNG
How are you finding the Klamath? What do you usually layer under it when hunting? I’m looking to get it but I’m torn because I already have the kiln hoodie and don’t want to add to many hoods to my layering system for later season hunts (I know about the quarter zip Klamath, but I’m a huge fan of hoods for warmth when not wearing my UnCompadre)

Let me know if you don’t mind,

Appreciate it,

- WJ
Love the Klamath. I also have the kiln, but never use them together. I run warm so it’s the kiln for early season and I switch to the Klamath once it gets cooler. I typically run a wick, either kiln or Klamath, then puffy if necessary. Or if it’s colder and I’m moving the catalyst on top instead of puffy. I usually always run a hood just for the option and if anything I can offset them around my neck for a little extra warmth if necessary. Hope that helps.

Love the Klamath. I also have the kiln, but never use them together. I run warm so it’s the kiln for early season and I switch to the Klamath once it gets cooler. I typically run a wick, either kiln or Klamath, then puffy if necessary. Or if it’s colder and I’m moving the catalyst on top instead of puffy. I usually always run a hood just for the option and if anything I can offset them around my neck for a little extra warmth if necessary. Hope that helps.
Appreciate the response and insight!