First Lite made in USA??

When we started Gulch LLC, Polartec only milled PFP fabrics outside the US. Now they mill quite a few PFP fabrics at their Tennessee plant. All our new Polartec fabrics are not only made in the USA, but Berry Compliant and we no longer have to buy their fabrics outside of the US. We still import our Toray fabric from Japan.
Awesome.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hondo

WKR
I think the anti-hunting and anti-2nd amendment crowd has a lot more reason to be upset about the Chernin Group helping fund the growth of Meateater and First Lite than hunters and gun owners do although I would prefer it had been a financial source more aligned with hunters and gun owners. That being said, I have seen nothing but positive developments from both Meateater and First Lite since that happened. I think the prospects of First Lite doing something to alienate hunters like what Yeti did with the NRA thing is about as high as Steven Rinella going full on vegan.

As far as China made gear, I too would like to see First Lite as well as Kuiu, Sitka, etc. start manufacturing in the USA.

Xfactor

FNG
where is the kryptek stuff made? are there products not considered top tier along with kuiu, sitka, and first lite?

bruno59

WKR
and what do you think of it? how does it compare to the others?
I like it a lot it seems to be just as nice as the others only had it a season but held up great a friend has the takur rain gear and that stuff is nice a little pricey but when they were having the altitude line on sale price was not bad

Cernunnos

FNG
They are pushing the memorial day thing hard. While making their product in chicom factories. There are a few folks giving them crap on their facebook feed. The fan boys are such cucks its sad. Most of the responses are “you are just too poor to aford”. Meanwhile ive been in lockdown and losing my job because of china. Scratch first lite off the list for future purchases. I have killed more deer in blue jeans than i can count anyway.

KBC

WKR
I bought a kiln a few months back when they were on sale and was disappointed to see made in China on the label. I ended up emailing them and telling them I wouldn't buy any more of their stuff (I have several other items from them as well) until it was made somewhere better. I really like the clothing, the things they do and the general vibe they put out but I just can't get behind it any more. Especially for the price they charge, first lite is way too much money for made in China.

Honestly if the prices were cut by a lot I might consider buying it again even with the made in China label but I'd also happily pay the current prices if it was made in USA or Canada.

You can't charge that much and put the idea out there you are good people doing great things for others and the community and then on the other side have your stuff made in China or some other crappy place. The high price tag helps create an illusion of high quality and morals but in the end your shirt was probably made by a 12 year old making less money than they should be making.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Made in the USA from imported Polartec fabric

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk
Their new gear is Berry Compliant. 100% US made, fabric and all.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

A little off topic. I was at Sportsmans Warehouse today and boy was it hard to find a pocket knife under $50 made in the USA. Buck knives was the only one.