First Lite Pants Question

I am slowly moving away from KUIU to FL as since Jasons passing I am not overly happy with the quality or CS. I know probably just a rare coincidence but I am liking FL. In terms of pants what would be FLs equivalent to the kuiu attack and the Tiburon for early season warm weather hunts? thanks

Chuck44

FNG
The most similar in intended use and weight to the Attacks is the Corrugate Guide Pants. They have even more stretch, are more comfortable and more durable than the Attacks but they don't have hip vents like the Attacks do (none of the FL pants do).

I do not have the Guide Lite Pants but they are the lightest weight Pant that FL sells so they would be most similar to the Tiburons....but again no hip vents and probably not as breathable compared to the Tiburon fabric with all the small holes..

OP
B
Thank you for the advice its kind of what I was thinking those vents are nice. Nothing against Kuiu been using their stuff since they began as only an hour from my house but sizing on items have been a huge issue on my orders lately and every FL item I have used has been awesome. I have only used some aerowool and one pair of the corrugates so far.

MHWASH

WKR
My only experiance with the other firstlite’s, but the Obsidians are my preferred light weight pants over the Attacks.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I have 200 acres of foxtails and star thistle that I stalk through year round in Northern California. My go to are the sawbuck pants. Tough enough for any terrain and still light enough I even wear them in the summer when it gets well over 100.

My guide pans are 3-4 years old I think so they may have updated the design and fabric but...

Guide pants are right in between the attack and tiburon. a bit lighter and breezier material than the attacks but block wind and cold better than tiburons. Guides are looser fit than the attacks about the same as tiburon too. As mentioned, the attacks have hip vents which is a BIG plus IMO.

Both attacks and guides pick and pull fairly easier. No real rips in either. Of the pair of guide pats and pair of attacks I have that are roughly the same vintage, I think the guides are holding up better but in fairness, the attacks have probably been worn a little more.

they are all great and I am sure will work fine. Given a choice I would probably prefer the attacks over the guides for general hunting pants from warm to cool weather. For hot, dry weather I would go tiburons.

As to other pants, I have a pair of Kanabs that I have never been crazy about so I never dropped the $$$ to see if the obsidian would be better.

GregB

WKR
The Guide pants are pretty light pants, I don't know how they compare to Kuiu but I do think they are pretty noisy.

MillCreekMike

Lil-Rokslider
In my opinion First Lite's pants are their weakness. Durability & fit have been my issues. Their pants are the reason I looked into Kuiu in the 1st place. I have invested a small fortune in FL's gear, they are a great company and have a lot of great gear, just not their pants.