First lite puffy and rain jacket.

How do these compare to the kuiu hooded super down. I have the spindrift and no complaints with it but have 50$ kuiu bucks and was thinking if getting the super down in steel grey and using it for around town and in the pack

How do these compare to the kuiu hooded super down. I have the spindrift and no complaints with it but have 50$ kuiu bucks and was thinking if getting the super down in steel grey and using it for around town and in the pack

Synthetic vs down. 19 oz vs 10 oz (I think). If you count ounces and looking for a insulating layer the superdown is tough to beat, but for outer wear and around town the FirstLite would be my choice. Ryan has said the FirstLite is warmer... It also will double as my pillow so the extra weight isn't bad for myself. One of those items where I'll sacrifice a few ounces for a bit more warmth and a pillow.

Mike

tradair1980

Lil-Rokslider
I do know that for the brief moment I got to look at the rain gear and puffy the fabric on the rain gear didnt really blow my mind, but time wil tell on it though I'm sure its good stuff otherwise they wouldnt sell it.. I just cant remember if it had pit zips , I forgot to look (which pissis me off being its a must for me) . Now I was pretty impressed with the puffy is a big thought on my mind this year, as for it looks tough and thats the only reason I havnt bought a u.l down jacket .. So hopefull my local pro shop get them in soon ...