First Lite Ridgeline--> tell me about it

sndmn11

WKR
I have some FL gift cards in my desk, and am curuious about the Ridgeline. I know what I think I would like it to do for me, but do not want to load the question. So, please share with me your experiences with it, what sets it apart, what does it overlap with, what you use it for, etc. For comparison, I have all the weights of wool top layers, the sawtooth, and the corrugate jacket.

Thanks.

wnelson14

WKR

here is another forum on it, I love it, they are just insanely overpriced IMHO

elkyinzer

WKR
Think of it like an ultra light softshell. It's in the same fabric family as a lot of your popular mountain pants - prana zions, eddie bauer first ascent, OR ferrosi, etc. It shines for me when I am active hunting or hiking in the 30's or 40's. Too cold for merino baselayers alone, but isn't going to heat you up a bunch. Some wind and rain resistance, but it's not a windbreaker or raincoat, and as such, it's a lot more breathable than those. I also like to wear it a lot directly beneath raingear. It sucks up some of the clammyness and adds a little more protection to your baselayers.

fishslap

WKR
I wore it all spring and summer last year shed hunting and rock hounding. I used it for sun and bug protection and as a light layer. I also like a two layer system when using a pack. It did work well in a light rain that I knew wasn’t sticking around and I didn’t want to dig out the rain gear. I had to size down (FL sizing is terrible). I’ll probably get another ridgeline since I have a Klamath to return due to awkward size.

Alegault

Lil-Rokslider
I use it for day hunts or fishing sometimes. It’s very lightweight so easy to toss in smaller bags/pockets.

It’s not really great at one thing imho. Cuts wind ok, keeps rain off you if it’s only a drizzle, more durable than merino base layer but not bombproof.

It’s like if im wearing a merino base layer and need like 15% more for whatever reason, I toss it on. But if on a backpack hunt, I always leave it behind.

Truaxdw

Lil-Rokslider
I was skeptical, my buddy kept talking about it he let me borrow his, then I went out and bought one I almost always have it in my pack. I really like it. Sizing was true for me