First Lite sanctuary 2.0, first impressions

OK boys,
I'm a freeze baby these days so I took a chance on the first lite sanctuary 2.0 bibs and jacket. I had fanatic bibs last year and really liked them, but gave them to my brother and went to purchase a tall pair in size xl but couldn't find any on sale. I started looking around at other options and stumbled into the sanctuary. I say stumbled because I've historically steered clear of first lite for no particular reason other than I'm not much of an IPA and mustache kinda guy.

I got the bibs this past week and was able to take them out coyote hunting.
Temps were cool, 15-30 degrees over the 4 hunts I had with winds between 0 and 35mph gusts.

I can tell you that the sanctuary set has far exceeded my expectation for warmth. It's a bit bulky in the body and mid section, but it's warm. Like really warm. I had to shut off my pnuma vest on low because I got too hot sitting there. I can't even wear them while hiking in at all, even in just a base layer and mid layer grid fleece hoodie. Time will tell about their durability but I think they're a legitimately good option for cold cold weather.

I'm predominantly a whitetail hunter and due to my inate lack of ability to kill a buck early, plus this notion I have that if I pass a small buck early a big buck will come stumbling along eventually I usually end up hunting the late season. I really enjoyed my sitka fanatic bibs and they were very comfortable in the saddle and tree stand last season, but I'd bet a dollar that these sanctuary bibs might be warmer than the fanatic.

What I really liked:
Bibs and coat felt completely windproof.
Dwr shed snow well.
Shooters cut didn't impede my ability to mount a rifle.
I love the hand muff pockets and the chest pocket on the bibs.
The full length side zip is awesome for easy on easy off
The bibs fit me really well for length.
There is a zipper built in to take a leak. I have to do that far too often these days.
The shooters cut sleeves absolutely slap
I like the simple design and straight forward layout.
Kidney warmer pockets are a really good add

What I'm not sure about-
The camo pattern isn't my favorite. Not a deal breaker
The hood is awesome, but you can't shoot with it on very well.
The neck collar comes up real real high, too high to shoot a bow if you aren't careful and the hood is up.
Shoulders are a bit boxy (lift up when drawing bow etc) but the length of the sleeves is awesome for an ape like me
We shall see what the durability is like

I went with xl bibs and xl jacket. I'm 6'2, 215, crossfitter/weightlifter build. I might have been able to fit large in both but honestly I'm happy with the xl in both for a bit of wiggle room for gaining or losing weight, layers etc. Not that I'd need layers unless it hits sub zero because again, they're stupid warm.

I haven't had them on with a saddle yet so I can confirm or deny the fit with your saddle size but I'd imagine it'll be comfy and cozy since it's just going to insulate and pad the saddle more than normal.

I already have stratus bibs so I was looking for something for the brutal cold and long sits I've had to endure the last couple years.

I think this is great choice for anybody who freezes like me. They're on sale right now 25% off for both top and bottom. If you can only afford one, I bet the bibs with a stratus or jet stream jacket or similar would be a really really good combo

I hope that helps, it was hard to find real world reviews of these 2.0 bibs so I felt I was taking a risk buying them.

OP
E
I have 2 more sits in this set of bibs and jacket. I'm impressed with the warmth, and the quietness under cold conditions. Not as quiet as the fanatic bibs but not loud at all. I think it might be warmer than fanatic bibs by quite a bit, but it's not nearly as good to move in

Bbrinks

FNG
My one gripe with the jacket is the collar. Even if the hood isn’t up the collar is still in the way and I have to fold it into itself to keep it out of the way and get a good anchor.
Seems like you had a similar experience with sizing too. All the reviews I found said to size up but I was swimming in the bibs. Exchanged them for my normal size (5”11, 155lbs, small in both) and I could wear attack pants under the bibs and a base layer plus fleece with room for more under the jacket.

OP
E
My one gripe with the jacket is the collar. Even if the hood isn’t up the collar is still in the way and I have to fold it into itself to keep it out of the way and get a good anchor.
Seems like you had a similar experience with sizing too. All the reviews I found said to size up but I was swimming in the bibs. Exchanged them for my normal size (5”11, 155lbs, small in both) and I could wear attack pants under the bibs and a base layer plus fleece with room for more under the jacket.
Yeah I totally get that. I might see if I can add a button or a magnet to the collar to keep it down when I'm shooting. First lite sizing is really different by piece to me. Sitka just fits me consistently across the board but I'm kind of all over in FL

Buckhead

FNG
I have the Solitude bibs and jacket and a Fanatic jacket and bibs. I live and hunt in N Georgia, so both are borderline overkill for late season Whitetails.

Find myself using the Solitude set more than the Fanatic. Solitude isn’t quite as warm, but has less bulk and I prefer the camo pattern. Also, the Berber fleece on the fanatic catches on briars and burrs. For tree stand hunting, the Solitude keeps me comfortable into the teens.

I am holding on to the Fanatic set as I got a really good deal on the purchase and have family in Iowa. Hoping to go there next season. The Fanatic set is a bit warmer than the Solitude and has more features. While I like the Firstlite stuff, I do believe Sitka is a step up in quality.

OP
E
I have the Solitude bibs and jacket and a Fanatic jacket and bibs. I live and hunt in N Georgia, so both are borderline overkill for late season Whitetails.

Find myself using the Solitude set more than the Fanatic. Solitude isn’t quite as warm, but has less bulk and I prefer the camo pattern. Also, the Berber fleece on the fanatic catches on briars and burrs. For tree stand hunting, the Solitude keeps me comfortable into the teens.

I am holding on to the Fanatic set as I got a really good deal on the purchase and have family in Iowa. Hoping to go there next season. The Fanatic set is a bit warmer than the Solitude and has more features. While I like the Firstlite stuff, I do believe Sitka is a step up in quality.
I'd agree with that. Sitka also has more technical design features, but some of them are a bit overkill for specific applications in my opinion

OP
E
After 2 more nights of coyote hunting I can attest the jacket is windproof and the dwr works well for a surprise sleet/snow that I wasn't expecting. I like the bibs more than the jacket, but the high collar of the jacket is fantastic for hiding your face when the wind is blowing hard. For rifle hunts the jacket might just be perfect, but the high collar isn't awesome for bow hunting