First Lite Sanctuary 2.0 Size Advice

largerack

FNG
I got the First Lite Sanctuary 2.0 bibs and jacket. Tried to do all the research to get the right size the first time because I hate doing exchanges by mail with these online deals. I got the medium bibs and a large in the jacket. The bibs fit perfectly I think. The jacket seems to fit through the shoulders and through the back just fine with normal layers underneath. However the beer belly on the jacket is huge. Like who is this made for? I am strongly considering returning it for a medium unless you talk me out of it. I am 5'10" 180 athletic build, 32-33 waist 30 inseam wear a 42 suit jacket. Anyone wear the First Lite Sanctuary 2.0 in size Medium or Large that can hopefully help me make my mind up? Thanks!

I think youll find the Medium pretty restrictive. im 5' 10", 165, wear same pants as you. I originally bought the sanc 2.0 in medium but exchanged for large.

OP
L

largerack

FNG
I think youll find the Medium pretty restrictive. im 5' 10", 165, wear same pants as you. I originally bought the sanc 2.0 in medium but exchanged for large.
Well, shit. Guess I will be finding out because I didn't hear anything and got antsy and already sent it in for exchange. Thanks for the reply though. I just can't understand the cut of the jacket if I am supposed to be a large. I get that you are expected to have layers plus bibs plus maybe the hand muff etc. But I put all that on and could still have fit a giant watermelon in the belly area of the jacket.

I also hate that you can't try this stuff on and the whole size exchange thing takes forever. Guess if I end up having to go back to large I will be getting it sometime in January haha.

Which state are you located? I know you're pain - Scheels now sells First Lite in store, which allows for some of us to try on beforehand. Before Scheels started to supply FL, i was buying blind.

OP
L

largerack

FNG
Which state are you located? I know you're pain - Scheels now sells First Lite in store, which allows for some of us to try on beforehand. Before Scheels started to supply FL, i was buying blind.
I'm in Oklahoma. Tulsa is getting a Scheels, but won't be open until Fall 2024 as I understand it.

Macintosh

WKR
I have a bunch of first lite gear and have found exactly the same fit problem as the OP. I’m 6’3” 200lb, 34” waist, 42 jacket. Their size L fits my torso ok but the sleeves are drastically too short, and its WAY too tight across my back and shoulders. XL fits my back, sleeves are still a little short, but I could fit a decent-sized watermelon inside the jacket comfortably. Unfortunately their pattern is just made for people carrying a few extra pounds in the gut. Most companies fit like this, I find it pretty hard to find jackets that fit me well.

OP
L

largerack

FNG
Well to follow up, in case someone comes along and finds this with the same issue, I ended up keeping the medium size jacket. It is not perfect. I wish it were a tad bigger in arms and across the back. I don't have much to spare with the medium, but the large is just comically ginormous. I have already used the jacket saddle hunting twice for whitetails and used it duck hunting. So it's gonna work...

Btw, I know it has been stated elsewhere, the sanctuary 2.0 bibs + jacket are incredibly warm.