First Lite Sanctuary Bib and Parka Sizing

jooleyen

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking to get a sanctuary set and would like to find someone approximately my size to help me pick a size for bibs and a parka. I'm skinny- 5'11", 142lbs. Most things fit me way big in the chest and short in the sleeves. I checked the size chart (https://www.firstlite.com/pages/sizing-chart) and here are my measurements:
Sleeve- 36"
Chest- 38"
Waist- 29"
Hips - 35"
Inseam- 31"

Anyone?

I'm 6'0“ and 170 lb.
I wear a Medium in the jacket and bibs. I can comfortably wear Furnace top and bottoms and Umcompaghre underneath and can even get away with light pants along with the Furnace bottoms.
I think I'd swim in a large.
I tend to be Medium in most all Firstlite gear.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I would call them. I am on the husky end of the size spectrum and wanted a good bit of extra room to run layers under my solitude set. They gave me good sizing advice and it saved time and money for returns.

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
I would call them. I am on the husky end of the size spectrum and wanted a good bit of extra room to run layers under my solitude set. They gave me good sizing advice and it saved time and money for returns.
I thought First Lite provided shipping labels if you needed to make a return - at their cost?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I thought First Lite provided shipping labels if you needed to make a return - at their cost?

I honestly don’t remember. I am part of their pro program and I think i had to pay shipping on some size exchanges. Generally their CS is fantastic and I have never had an issue with them And overall, I really like the solitude bibs.

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
I honestly don’t remember. I am part of their pro program and I think i had to pay shipping on some size exchanges. Generally their CS is fantastic and I have never had an issue with them And overall, I really like the solitude bibs.
I've been thinking of switching from Kuiu to FL. Honestly I just like FL's pattern more. I know the deer don't care, but I do.

I've been thinking of switching from Kuiu to FL. Honestly I just like FL's pattern more. I know the deer don't care, but I do.

Getting a bit off the original post but I haven’t bought much from Kuiu in a while. Combo of bad CS and the fact that I hunt whitetail in the east more than anything else. I think the FL stuff is much better suited for that than kuiu. Sitka has some top notch stuff in their whitetail line but I find the FL stuff more versatile. After looking at a few options I settled on the Solitude set for my northeast whitetail cold weather gear. I find them very good for temps from 20-40*. I need some extra layers on the lower temps but they do very well. I found the sanctuary a bit warm and bulky for my needs But if I were hunting somewhere colder, I would have gone that route. I have used my Woodbury and solitude for deer, coyote, a little duck and goose hunting.

Brianmp01

WKR
That is correct you do have to pay for shipping if your part of the pro program.

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
Getting a bit off the original post but I haven’t bought much from Kuiu in a while. Combo of bad CS and the fact that I hunt whitetail in the east more than anything else. I think the FL stuff is much better suited for that than kuiu. Sitka has some top notch stuff in their whitetail line but I find the FL stuff more versatile. After looking at a few options I settled on the Solitude set for my northeast whitetail cold weather gear. I find them very good for temps from 20-40*. I need some extra layers on the lower temps but they do very well. I found the sanctuary a bit warm and bulky for my needs But if I were hunting somewhere colder, I would have gone that route. I have used my Woodbury and solitude for deer, coyote, a little duck and goose hunting.
Yes, getting off topic but I need to share that I too primarily hunt whitetail in the east (Maryland). Kuiu is built for active hunting but I'm mostly sitting in a stand. I think that's what's getting me frustrated with their gear. It is not built for what I'm doing.

I may message you so we can talk First Lite.

RJC

Lil-Rokslider
If you find yourself in need of a Medium Sanctuary Jacket in Cipher I've got one in super good shape.

OP
J

jooleyen

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 6'0“ and 170 lb.
I wear a Medium in the jacket and bibs. I can comfortably wear Furnace top and bottoms and Umcompaghre underneath and can even get away with light pants along with the Furnace bottoms.
I think I'd swim in a large.
I tend to be Medium in most all Firstlite gear.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Perfect thanks. I’ll give them a call to be sure, but I figured a medium would probably work. I’d like to be able to layer up a bit with base layer, fleece and soft shell for the hike in and then throw the jacket on when ready to sit still. If you can wear that and are bigger than I, I’d probably get away with another layer or two.