First Lite Sanctuary Durability

Chevyman

FNG
I had a Sanctuary set and loved it, it was too warm. Sold it and got the Solitude. Absolutely love the Solitude.

gilby

Lil-Rokslider
Just got a pair of Sanctuary bibs in the mail. Is it normal for the pants to make a swooshing sound when you walk or move in them?

Just got a pair of Sanctuary bibs in the mail. Is it normal for the pants to make a swooshing sound when you walk or move in them?

Yeah they will do that at first, material will quiet some with wear and wash.

That said, I don’t walk in mine as they are too warm and can get torn on thorns in the woods. The 3-way side zips do allow some venting if needed. I put mine on once I’m at the stand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

H80Hunter

WKR
The only part of the bibs that isn't dead silent is that pad on the butt area but once you're seated I think they are as quiet as anything.

I haven't had any issues with durability with my Sanctuary jacket - like others have said, it's pretty warm to wear waking in so I can't comment on durability of beating through brush and briars but I'd probably try to avoid it.

Chevyman

FNG
Well, I hunt Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas. I found the Sanctuary to warm for me. Lowest we get is probably 30 on a bad day.

I had a Sanctuary set and loved it, it was too warm. Sold it and got the Solitude. Absolutely love the Solitude.
Just wondering what makes you like the solitude so much more? I'm looking into a late season setup thanks for any info
Well, I hunt Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas. I found the Sanctuary to warm for me. Lowest we get is probably 30 on a bad day.
Awesome, thanks for the info!

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
The Sanctuary is more aligned with incinerator warmth (unless it’s real windy) and is not the same price. Fanatic jacket is $54 more than sanctuary. Fanatic bibs are $114 more than sanctuary.

Fanatic is not as warm as I’d like for all day November sits in MN.
This. I finally got a fanatic to try this year in northern MN after reading so much about it. I had to walk the mile back to my truck mid day and switch out to my sanctuary set. I'm sure the fanatic would do fine southern MN and across other parts of the midwest, but for northern MN, it didn't cut it for me.

Side note, I've survived many a full day sit in high winds with the sanctuary.

Scooter90254

Lil-Rokslider
This whole Firstlite durability thing started awhile back. Not sure of they had a bad run of stitching or if its simply Sitka guys trying to feel better about their over priced purchase. I have a bunch of FL gear that gets absolutely abused. I have Kuiu and Sitka too. All 3 are great. Sure I have a hole in an old Merino Chama that I had caused with a sharp stick. I have an old puffy with a few threads coming loose but its had its share of use. I have a pair of Guide pants that I literally can't tear. Was hanging by them stuck on a beast stick once.

The Fanatic is a great suit if you get it during the 40% off sale.

stevewes2004

Lil-Rokslider
There are no durability issues unless you're clumsy or are using them in a way that they're not intended for (busting through briars, etc.). Love the sanctuary set and have sat in Kansas when its 20* with 25mph winds, no issues with wind getting thru. Have snagged barbed wire and briars, but no holes yet. I'm on my 3rd season.

On a different subject, I'm looking for a better midseason setup that's windproof. I have a north branch set that's pretty good, but wish the top had a hood. Looking to pair the Sitka Jetstream with the FL North Branch Pants...

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
There are no durability issues unless you're clumsy or are using them in a way that they're not intended for (busting through briars, etc.). Love the sanctuary set and have sat in Kansas when its 20* with 25mph winds, no issues with wind getting thru. Have snagged barbed wire and briars, but no holes yet. I'm on my 3rd season.

On a different subject, I'm looking for a better midseason setup that's windproof. I have a north branch set that's pretty good, but wish the top had a hood. Looking to pair the Sitka Jetstream with the FL North Branch Pants...
I use that exact setup. The North Branch set is great, but I don't love the top. The hood design on the Jetstream isn't as good as FL gear, but it is my midseason setup. I also use the jetstream when moving if it's a long walk. I tried a stratus instead of jetstream this year, but with a snowy mix one day, it started to soak through and the brushed face held so much moisture it was super heavy by the end of my sit.

If you pickup the FL uncompahgre puffy pants (or equivalent) and throw them on at stand under the northbranch, I find them to be about as warm as the sanctuary. Plus I like the north branch alone for movement. North branch really is a top notch bibs. The are definitely preferred comfort wise with the way the waist is setup. Bring them back!