First Lite Sawbuck Pants

From all the ads on meat eater, these pants sound like they're a work pant or back country brush beating pant. I figured I'd give them a shot. I'm 6'4" 240# and order size 36 waist pants just about everywhere. I usually get a 34" inseam pant. First lite offers a 35" inseam.
Fit and Finish
This is my first pair of FL pants. Only worn Kuiu up till now. Waist size fits on par with what it should be. The conifer is a nice green. Camo wasn't a requirement for these so I'm yet to be able to comment on FL's camo patterns. The 35" inseam feels more like a 37" inseam, but that's just a "feels like" measurement. My wife is actually going to hem them up because they're so long so I'll see measure how much she hems them by and report back. They feel a bit baggier than they should too. Almost frumpy, but that could be because they're long so I'll reassess that once they're hemmed.
Uses and Performance
My intented use for these pants is mainly for squirrel and coon hunting. Running through the woods chasing bushy tails and running coons after dark leads you through lots of briars and random thickets so a tough pant is necessary. Because they are new, I figured I'd wear these to work. My work is 1/2 walking construction renovations and 1/2 desk jockey work, I figured this would get me plenty of "how comfortable are these" time. I wore them to work for 2 days and clocked a good bit of walking around in the noon day 80* sun with 75% humidity(gotta love Virginia). These pants breath surprisingly well. I didn't feel like my legs were on fire. The next test was bushwacking a hunting road on a property I have permission. I spent about 3 hours chainsawing and dragging brush in the same high heat and humidity conditions. Pants seemed to be very comfortable even still. No fabric pulls or pilling from all the briars and the thickness seemed to offer decent protection.

I won't be squirrel or coon hunting till November when it cools and leaves drop a bit, so thats all the feedback I can offer on these so far. Overall I feel these are a very high quality product and will earn a place in my hunting closet. But I'll know more once I get a hunt or two in them

muchach0

Lil-Rokslider
Always thought about getting these as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanHamil

WKR
I'd recommend going with your normal jean size with these..they are awesome pants..

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

g_town79

FNG
If anyone has any experience with these, how do they compare to other brush pants as far as protection? Are they more like Carhartts or actual upland pants? Thanks!

Summitdog

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair and I have used them many times for upland birds. I have bashed some brambles and I was surprised by the durability of the pants. My first impression was that there were not as heavy or durable as my Gamehide pants, which are very thick and beefy. While the pants did not snag or tear on the brambles, they were not has protective to my tender skin from the sharp pointies. LOL.

Scotty