First Lite Seak Stormtight Layering

Jclark225

FNG
Looking for layering advice for the FL Seak Stormtight. Has anyone worn it over the uncompahgre? Enough room for insulated mid-layer and did you need to upsize?

Going to be getting into some colder and wetter hunting than usual this year with some late season stuff and am in the market for some new rain gear. Have heard reviews that the sleeves on the Seak ST are a little tight. Would go with the kuiu Yukon but got a 40% off deal going with FL so cost savings are a factor.

Any advice helps, thanks!

You'll likely get steered away from FL rain gear around here. I haven't used their rain gear personally but many here have had poor results. I like the FL stuff that I have but I wont be looking to them for rain gear when the time comes.

OP
Jclark225

Jclark225

FNG
You'll likely get steered away from FL rain gear around here. I haven't used their rain gear personally but many here have had poor results. I like the FL stuff that I have but I wont be looking to them for rain gear when the time comes.
Interesting, I'm in the same boat. I hunt mostly early season archery and have gotten away with cheap pullover rain gear so far.
I've got pretty much every layer covered in FL except rain gear and it's all been great. Wonder why their wet weather stuff isn't hitting the mark. If it comes down to being wet and miserable no amount of cost savings are worth it.

If it comes down to being wet and miserable no amount of cost savings are worth it.
You said it all right here! I'm currently using old KUIU rain gear and its probably got one year left in it the way I typically use it. Once its dead I'll be at the offerings from KUIU and Stone Glacier.