First lite SEAK Stormtight

I would like reviews on the first lite rainwear. I keep on debating on wether getting the new Kutana Rainshell, Sitka cloudburst, or the SEAK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can attest to this, i haven’t had it on during any heavy rains or anything to really test my set, but I will second the lack of packability.
How would the Seak hold up as an outershell? I've been looking at the above mentioned shell and I'm torn between having something lightweight and packable or a jacket that could double as an outershell.

zacattack

WKR
How would the Seak hold up as an outershell? I've been looking at the above mentioned shell and I'm torn between having something lightweight and packable or a jacket that could double as an outershell.

I think the downside would be that you’re going to sweat a bunch in this set of you use it like that.

I think the downside would be that you’re going to sweat a bunch in this set of you use it like that.
Sweating and overheating is a concern that I do have. I've been leaning towards the Kuiu, but my Sitka gear has never let me down.

207-12A

Lil-Rokslider
I’m really happy with my Seak and would recommend it going in to my 3rd season with it. It packs in to hits own hood about the size of a nalgene. The only thing I would change about it is the cuffs, the Velcro doesn’t hold them quiet as flat as it’s aged and they’re a fly line magnet. Minor complaint for an A+ jacket.

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
The seak is ok but reading reviews & specs on the Kutana & owning the Kutana soft shell, I would definitely put my money down for the Kuiu Kutana. Weight,comfort & fabric design are all better imo.

Sundance

Lil-Rokslider
I had the SEAK stormtight pants for one season and sold them, they weren't "bombproof" as advertised. I own Sitka Cloudburst and thunderhead, the cloudburst is lightweight but a little noisy, the thunderhead is quiet however its heavy and wets out fast. I'm buying the Kuiu Yukon pants for this coming season for what its worth.

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
I love my FL seak top and bottoms. I just don’t like the Velcro it’s too loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk