First Lite Sizing

The First Lite is now available in the bibs for the Solitude and Sanctuary, hopefully the jackets soon?

This year I decided to get the Sanctuary set, and if I go by their sizing chart I'm a Large in both bibs and jacket. Although with some past reading I have done most state the bibs run tight and the jacket more to normal? With this info I'm thinking XL in the bibs and L in the jacket. Anyone have anymore insight to the fit of the Sanctuary set? I'm 6'1' and right around 200 lbs., , just would like to get the size right without the hassle of exchanging, thanks

The new set sanctuary set hasn't started selling yet. It might have a different cut than the original. Might want to wait for reviews to roll in once it goes for sale, or call FL and ask. They've always sent me in the right direction with sizing questions.

OP
L
The bibs are available as I received mine today, jackets should be out in a week or so. Don't think there was much of a sizing difference with the new as compared to the previous. I measured LG on First Lite sizing chart, but opted for the XL in bibs reading past reviews, and will get the jacket in LG when available.

The XL seem like they will work well, thinking the LG would work but might be a bit snug? I tried the XL bibs on with just shorts underneath, there was ample room with shorts, but need to try a base layer and heavier pants, which should work well.

Never having First Lite and not sure what to expect, the quality was very good, with good insulation, but surprised with overall weight, 64 oz. I'm cold by nature, so it should work very well on them needed days. Still on the fence with the jacket, I really want the jacket, but hate the fact the hood is not removable? When colder I usually have my Sitka Cold weather hoodie on, so I really don't need another hood, where two hoods together is just too much bulk.

I could opt for the Solitude with a removable hood, but just not the insulation I'm looking for. Only downfall with the Sanctuary is the hood to me, where I just rather use a balaclava and my Sitka hood if needed. Also not a fan of either of the jackets with the big collars. Hate to do it, but really wanting the Sanctuary, might take it to a seam stress and have the collar modified and hood removed if it can be done professionally?

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
I fit well in the Corrugate Guide in large but had to go with the Solitude bibs in XL. I could fit in the large, but it left no room for layers which defeats the purpose of a pair of bibs.

Gunner10

FNG
last year i ordered my first items from first lite and it seemed some of the items in my normal size of large fit like expected then others in a large were way bigger...? is this normal from them?

OP
L
Received my Sanctuary Jacket and Bibs, here's my review as I have not actually hunted in it yet. Sure hoping they redesign the collar and make the hood removable for bowhunters as I noted in my review. I'm actually considering taking it to a professional tailor to have modified as i just don't like the big collar or heavy hood, which I'll have to fold under out of the way if I don't have it modified.

QUALITY GEAR, BUT COULD USE SOME IMPROVEMENTS
Bought the sanctuary set strictly for bowhunting in colder weather conditions. Going by their sizing charts i fell in the Large which fit perfect with a t shirt and shorts on. But knowing I would need to layer more I returned it for an XL, which fits a little big as is, but has room for layering and fits well with layers. So my review is listed as a bit large for the XL considering very minimal layering.
As for the clothing is top quality, love the kit link system, and the whole Sanctuary set will be put to the test this fall to see how warm it actually is, as I'm cold natured as my main reason for buying, along with the claim of a bowhunters cut.
As for the bowhunters cut there is ample room to draw a bow in the arm and chest area, but question the bowhunters cut with the oversized collar that sticks out and the heavy non detachable hood. That's my main complaint with this jacket, as I personally can not see a bowhunter leaving this hood on for a shot, as I would have liked to seen this hood detachable like the Solitude. As strictly a bowhunter, the collar and hood are not considered a bowhunters cut. As for bowhunting a balaclava and furnace beanie is enough, without the worries of a hood interfering with your anchor. As with the balaclava can be pulled down which fits tight around the neck area and will not interfere with your anchor, like the big collar will, my other bowhunters cut complaint. Can't tell you how many complaints I've read with these big collars and even claims of misses due to bowstring contacting it. As a Bowhunter it would be nice to see these collars redesigned to not stick out or up so high, and have the hood removable.
Really not sold on the new Specter either, as I would have opted for the older Fusion camo which I like better as it has more contrast between colors to break your outline, but the new sanctuary with wind proofing only come in Specter. I know a lot of research went into the Specter and and what a deer actually sees, but to me it does not have the contrast between shades like the Fusion camo, which seems more likely to have the blob effect without the contrasting difference between the shades.