First lite solitude

thnksno

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have any insight on the solitude line? Or how it compares to the Sitka stratus line. I know stratus has windstopper. That’s kinda a big deal to me, but like the first lite camo a little better. Thanks!

Ace12

Lil-Rokslider
It’s been too hot to wear it here in MO, but just from trying it on it’s a lot warmer then I expected. Extremely comfortable to wear and absolutely silent

I own a set of jetstream and I bought a solitude jacket and bib but haven’t had the weather to wear them. I think the solitude is a nice thoughtful update to the Woodbury and sanctuary line. Good amount of insulation. Bib hand warmer pocket is a cool idea. Feels very quiet and comfortable. You aren’t going to want to walk far in them due to sweat. I sized up so I can pack the set I to the stand and then put it on over other clothes.

Sitka stratus is great. Jacket is a fleece version of the jetstream. Windblocker makes it punch above it weight for warmth but it doesn’t have a ton of insulation. Pants are great too. Both fit more or less true to size. Maybe a little loose which is fine for layering. Stand alone, I think I would be cold sitting in this below mid 40s. Sitka design is a step above in terms of refinement IMO. Better pocket execution and just a bunch of other small details that are so well thought out. To be honest, a fairer comparison for the Solitude would be the Sitka Fanatic line. Both are stand sitting whitetail pieces that will get you to the 20s or so.

I bought the solitude and am selling the jetstream for this season to try it out. I think the sitka stuff is just awesome, but it is very specialized. Due to the camo pattern and design features I couldn’t see using it for much beyond just stand hunting in hardwood. The fusion camo pattern is a bit more versatile and the design of the solitude is a bit more general. I can see wearing the solitude for things like snow machining, boreal Forrest hunting, ground ambush deer hunting, pheasant and even in a duck blind.

Desk Jockey-

Have you used the Sanctuary bibs at all? Curious how the solitude compares. The solitude is significantly lighter so I worried about warmth (60gm fill weight vs 200gm fill weight).

I've been using the sanctuary for stand hunting anytime its below about 40 degrees - and they're great when its 15-20 in the morning, but they are a little warm and heavy when its 35-40 (but I don't have anything better). But I'm looking for something to get me down to 15ish with good base layers but aren't too heavy at 35-40. But maybe that's asking too much from a bib?

Last edited:
Desk Jockey-

Have you used the Sanctuary bibs at all? Curious how the solitude compares. They solitude is significantly lighter so I worried about warmth.

Their marketing stuff calls it a "mid season" piece, so I wouldn't expect it to be comparable to the Sanctuary bibs, which are designed for late season.

JD619er

WKR
Desk Jockey-

Have you used the Sanctuary bibs at all? Curious how the solitude compares. The solitude is significantly lighter so I worried about warmth (60gm fill weight vs 200gm fill weight).

I've been using the sanctuary for stand hunting anytime its below about 40 degrees - and they're great when its 15-20 in the morning, but they are a little warm and heavy when its 35-40 (but I don't have anything better). But I'm looking for something to get me down to 15ish with good base layers but aren't too heavy at 35-40. But maybe that's asking too much from a bib?

The solitude is 100 gram not 60

OP
thnksno

thnksno

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the responses! I’m still up in the air. Will be hunting kansas with about 30 in the morning and about 50-60 in a afternoon. Does anyone know if the first lite jacket is a touch longer than the stratus? I’m going to be mainly stand hunting with them.

Desk Jockey-

I had a set of sanctuary gear and it didn’t get cold enough to wear it in NY/PA where I do my stand hunting. I deal with temps from about low 30s to high 40s. Occasional 20s but rarely in the teens or lower during season.

I haven’t worn the solitude outside yet but it is thinner and definitely has less fill than the sanctuary. My hope is that with layering I can use the solitude for sits from 50 down to 20. For warmer temps, I assume I might just be wearing the jacket. For colder temps I expect I would need some layers and maybe a puffy or down Vest underneath.

BTW - I think the sizing on the solitude is a bit slimmer than the sanctuary and older FL stuff. I bought a XXL jacket in the solitude which is the normal size I wear in FL gear. I am sending it back for a XXXL so I will have some room to layer underneath. I wear XL in their pants and went XXXL on the bib too so I can get it on over a set of regular pants without issue.

It’s been too hot to wear it here in MO, but just from trying it on it’s a lot warmer then I expected. Extremely comfortable to wear and absolutely silent

Bumping this back to the top.. Anyone been wearing their solitude bibs at all yet? Thoughts? Temp ranges?

Desk Jockey?

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the bibs and jacket and love the way it fits and feels. Haven't worn in the woods yet but plan on layering with a mid top and furnace baselayers. Furnace 1/4 zip top and either merino pants or some under armor I have already. That underneath the bibs and jacket I cant see needing more and think it will be versatile enough with the layering. I'll say it's really warm just when I tried it on

jrb4277

FNG
I dont have any insight on the Sitka option, but i love the solitude bibs. Very versatile and incredibly comfortable