First Lite Source

H80Hunter

WKR
Anybody see the meateater hype train kick up over this? I’m a little intrigued though. I mean obviously they’ve just invented like, the Celsius midi but I still ordered one. I’ll be the Guinea pig.

I’m not positive what it will do that other pieces don’t but I’m always looking for quiet warmth and the first lite sleeves always work great for layering so I figure I’ll try it. Allegedly silent and stretchy with 80g Primaloft Gold.

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
Keep me posted! I saw this on instagram yesterday and was intrigued. Im very pleased with my kuiu kenai but would upgrade if there is benefit

OP
H

H80Hunter

WKR
I’m embarrassed to say what, or how many, other similar pieces I already have but suffice to say I’ll have several comparisons.

bigbuckdj

WKR
I think I might try it for whitetail. I use the uncompaghre a lot but it’s a little noisy and doesn’t have a harness pass through. It’s in my cart but I haven’t pulled the trigger

JAM7

FNG
What is the difference between this and the whitetail catalyst jacket? They seem very similar.

TN2shot07

WKR
I was really looking at a midi to see if I could get through all season with my catalyst, I may have to try one of these instead. Would’ve been nice to be included in the big sale last week lol

bigbuckdj

WKR
I think it’s basically a whitetail synthetic puffy with a quiet outer shell. I do think you’d wear something like a rain jacket or sawtooth or catalyst over it. I really wish they’d put a windproof membrane in the catalyst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
H

H80Hunter

WKR
Got mine in today. I really like it to be honest. It’s thin and very light. Layers really well, I like it as a mid layer better than the ambient jacket which bunches in the wrists a little under the stratus jacket. The Source has no real insulation near the wrists so it sits nice under another cuff. It’s a dead tie in terms of noise with the Celsius midi. Could be the TINIEST bit quieter but I’ll call it a draw. Fit is really good. Warmth obviously remains to be seen but it’s a very nice jacket.

bigbuckdj

WKR
That’s good to hear, I’ve been using an uncompaghre where you’d use this but it’s a little noisy, I may try it out.

anthonyjg

FNG
Seems like it's being marketed as a mid-layer puffy, but is quiet and durable enough to be used as a mid-season outer.

Lowg08

WKR
I just seen this in my email. I already have a Celsius midi so. I’ll have to pass this time.

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
Got mine in today. I really like it to be honest. It’s thin and very light. Layers really well, I like it as a mid layer better than the ambient jacket which bunches in the wrists a little under the stratus jacket. The Source has no real insulation near the wrists so it sits nice under another cuff. It’s a dead tie in terms of noise with the Celsius midi. Could be the TINIEST bit quieter but I’ll call it a draw. Fit is really good. Warmth obviously remains to be seen but it’s a very nice jacket.
Which would you pick between the Source and the Midi? And why?

OP
H

H80Hunter

WKR
They’re very similar. Basically a toss up that May just come down to your preference on pattern or brand. I guess the cuffs and thumb holes are a little more refined on the sitka but FL stretches a little more and is thinner with the Primaloft gold stretch insulation. I don’t think you can really go wrong.

scwilso35

FNG
Following. Saw this product in an email. Interested to see how it works for you. I had been considering getting an uncompaghre, but would get this instead if it's warm and durable.

Do you have to size up with the source jacket? I normally wear everything in medium but if it fits smaller than a medium brooks then I might have to move up to a large.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Following. I'm interested in this as a possible top and mid-layer (in part due to the harness pass through). I'm also interested in the sizing, as some of my FL tops are in L and others in XL.

I will admit that I'm bummed that Spectre is the only option. I'm convinced that the deer I shoot care that I match Cipher.

WoodBow

WKR
You guys looking for stuff with a harness pass through should really try a rock climbing harness or a saddle as a safety harness. If nothing else you can add or remove top layers while staying attached. I have not worn a traditional harness in years and never will again.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
You guys looking for stuff with a harness pass through should really try a rock climbing harness or a saddle as a safety harness. If nothing else you can add or remove top layers while staying attached. I have not worn a traditional harness in years and never will again.
The older I get, the more I realize I don't know. This may be one more of those instances.

To date my desire for a pass through is to mitigate how many layers I have to wear beneath my harness, as I currently prefer to have only an item (or items) with a pass-thru over my harness. I can't remember a time in which I have ever removed a layer when in the stand, but maybe the rock climbing harness or saddle would take care of my needs? I guess I have always assumed it was either a "classic" harness or a saddle and I've not paid enough attention to the differences - other than the few times when I considered a saddle for the different broader approach to hunting.

I'm happy to look into other options, especially when it comes to safety - and the last time I compared "regular" harnesses, I was wondering if there were better options - as it seems is almost always the case with other types of gear.