First Lite Specter

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
Got an interesting email saying Monday they are releasing something new for whitetail line called Spectre. All I can hope for is a damn wind layer somewhere. I love fusion camo but I've already invested in Sitka this year with both stratus and fanatic sets. I'm still very interested though!

OP
J

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like a new camo pattern from the trademark app. Not bad as all their stuff since they tossed ASAT is way too dark in my opinion.
Got a pic of the pattern? Is it just a new color that's all? Same apparel?

NDGuy

WKR
If no wind stopper there is no point other than new pattern. I can't imagine them doin a pattern specific for white tail with no new products
I agree, I own the prior model Solitude Jacket and it's honestly pathetic if it's windy. I bought it not anticipating I would need to wear a synthetic puffy or wind proof layer under it.

OP
J

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
I agree, I own the prior model Solitude Jacket and it's honestly pathetic if it's windy. I bought it not anticipating I would need to wear a synthetic puffy or wind proof layer under it.
Yea I had the solitude bibs and jacket and it sucked in wind. Any amount of wind

H80Hunter

WKR
I still don't buy this, I've never had an issue with wind, and there's a youtube video of a guy holding like a tiny piece of feather on one side and a fan blowing straight at the material and it appears to block the wind plenty good. I guess everyone's different, but my take is that if they lied and told you it had windblocker (I'm not saying they should), and didn't change the product at all, half these complaints would be gone. If they just came up with marketing mumbo jumbo and called it like "37.5 softshell windbreak weave layer" no one would have an issue with wind. Like the only product that can cut the wind in any capacity is Gore Windstopper.

OP
J

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
I still don't buy this, I've never had an issue with wind, and there's a youtube video of a guy holding like a tiny piece of feather on one side and a fan blowing straight at the material and it appears to block the wind plenty good. I guess everyone's different, but my take is that if they lied and told you it had windblocker (I'm not saying they should), and didn't change the product at all, half these complaints would be gone. If they just came up with marketing mumbo jumbo and called it like "37.5 softshell windbreak weave layer" no one would have an issue with wind. Like the only product that can cut the wind in any capacity is Gore Windstopper.
I can assure you this isn't the case. I didn't even really think about the wind when I made the purchase. I was in the stand and first cool (not cold) with gusts up to 10-15 mph, and steady breeze and my legs were cold af. This was with furnace layer bottoms and under armor pants underneath the bibs. I could definitely feel when gusts blew. I was like holy shit really?

NDGuy

WKR
Like the only product that can cut the wind in any capacity is Gore Windstopper.
So maybe they should put Gore in their whitetail tree stand clothes...ha

I've worn the Solitude on dozens of sits in the last 3 years and I have gotten cold almost every time. Granted I sit in sub freezing temps here in ND but I have always regretted not getting the Sanctuary instead.

Brianmp01

WKR
So maybe they should put Gore in their whitetail tree stand clothes...ha

I've worn the Solitude on dozens of sits in the last 3 years and I have gotten cold almost every time. Granted I sit in sub freezing temps here in ND but I have always regretted not getting the Sanctuary instead.
Gore tex and sitka are owned by the same people, so I don't think they would allow FL to use gore tex.

NDGuy

WKR
Gore tex and sitka are owned by the same people, so I don't think they would allow FL to use gore tex.
I would imagine a multi million dollar clothing company could come up with their own wind proofing material for specifically designed still hunting gear.

Arwhite90

FNG
I would imagine a multi million dollar clothing company could come up with their own wind proofing material for specifically designed still hunting gear.
That’s what I’m hoping for, there are a ton of other companies out there making membranes, Kenetrek uses what? Windtex or something? I agree that I doubt goretex would allow FL to use their tech to compete directly with Sitka but I’m sure FL can find another membrane that will probably come cheaper than gore with no decernible to the hunter difference. It’s really the only thing their whitetail line needs, along with cleaning up the QC/durability issues. Hope FL hits it out of the park, I really like the company from the conservation, transparency and customer service, but have been a little let down by some of their products.

With the right layering, I can make the Solitude system work, but i agree - they need something with a windstopper - GORE or not. I emailed them a few times about it and they said they may have something in the works so i was hoping this was it. as for patterns, i dont mind the fusion pattern and dont see myself going out to buy pieces just bc its in a different pattern.

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
I think this is just a release to show the new camo pattern. They will likely have Kenyon and Sturgis in the field wearing it, so if they don't "release" it those two can't market it on their social media.

The camo will be shown now, new products in the spring for next year's season. I'm guessing the new products will have a wind layer. Likely the catalyst with a wind layer. Or perhaps the solitude wind layer.

It's not like Sitka hasn't already capatilized on a similar structure by just remaking the same product and adding "WS" to the end of it and adding a windstopper. It ends up making it look like you have more pieces than you need.

Soolong

FNG
Wow another camouflage pattern. I couldn't be more excited. Soon they will come up with a waterfowl hunting line by just switching up the blobs of color with the same existing clothing. Marketing......

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
Wow another camouflage pattern. I couldn't be more excited. Soon they will come up with a waterfowl hunting line by just switching up the blobs of color with the same existing clothing. Marketing......
The buildup/payoff of the new camo pattern isn't great.

I'll be more interested to see what products come out in the new whitetail line. IMO they have 2-3 pieces that could be made into perfect whitetail gear with the addition on 1-2 items. Hoping to see those this spring.

OP
J

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
Well as of right now it's a pattern. Coming out spring 2021. No other products mentioned. The pattern to me seems pretty meh. Don't think I'll wanting to trade my Sitka stuff for it right now without new products. I like the fusion better still.