First lite System for Montana mule deer

Deano0686

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, I’ve done a fair bit of research but for a midwestern guy that’s always just dressed up like a marshmallow when it’s cold and sat in a treestand I’m pretty much useless on practical experience when it comes to high performance hunting clothing. I’m going on a Montana mule deer hunt this year and want to get a solid western clothing set for this time of year from first lite. My list right now goes like this:
Fuse top
Kiln top
Klamath
Chamberlain
Fuse bottom
Catalyst pant

will this be sufficient? I also have a soft shell jacket from basspro I’ll use as a wind protector when I’m hiking.

slowelk

WKR
The kiln and the Klamath are both more of a mid layer, so pick one of those. You have no active out later for when it’s colder or wet, you need either a soft shell or a hard shell depending on the quality of the soft shell you already have. The chamberlain will only work as a stationary piece in mostly dry weather. I would not wear an insulated pant unless it’s very cold or I will be mostly stationary. The kiln bottom and the corrugate guide pant would be a better combo.
It also matters if this is going to be an eastern MT prairie hunt, or if it’s a mountain hunt, but either way the holes in your plan are your redundant mid layers, questionable active outer layer / precipitation layer.

S.Clancy

WKR
For November mule deer I have a heavy weight wool hoodie, a mid weight down jacket a heavy weight down or synthetic jacket and a shell. Pants and shell pants (puffy pants would be good too). This will take me to -10F. If it's colder than that I'm prob pussing out.

OP
Deano0686

Deano0686

Lil-Rokslider
I like the heavy wool hoodie idea. I will be getting one for Montana this year