First Lite Uncompahgre 2.0 quiet enough for Whitetail tree stand hunting?

KT@QC

FNG
Any of you guys use the Uncompahgre 2.0 puffy for WT tree-stand hunting. I love the packability but was wondering if would be too loud?

Lowg08

WKR
I did not get the uncomparghe because even after talking to first lite. When cold the material is really noisy. For a quiet puffy jacket. Look at the kuiu kenai ultra. It is super quiet. In my opinion the quietest puffy out there. Another option may be the. Under armor infil ops down jacket. I have the pants and they are quiet as well

I used my FL puffy jacket and pants this past November in Kentucky. Sat in a treestand with them and kill deer without them hearing me. Shots were 15yds, 23yds and 17yds.

OP
K

KT@QC

FNG
I did not get the uncomparghe because even after talking to first lite. When cold the material is really noisy. For a quiet puffy jacket. Look at the kuiu kenai ultra. It is super quiet. In my opinion the quietest puffy out there. Another option may be the. Under armor infil ops down jacket. I have the pants and they are quiet as well
That’s good info. Thanks!!! I’ll check our Kuiu.

I use the FL Uncomp puffy quite a bit for ground blind bowhunting for Eastern plains WTs and its very quite. I like the fact that you can layer up underneath wo feeling bulky and restricted like the Michelin man.

OP
K

KT@QC

FNG
Thanks for the feedback. Really appreciate it. What kind of temps can you get down to with that puffy? Does it do a decent job with Wind protection?

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t have experience with the Unpronouncable 1.0 but I hear the 2.0 is quieter. I find my 2.0 to be be quite a bit quieter than my LLBean Primaloft Packaway jacket for what it is worth. VERY happy with it. The fit is excellent and the hood is outstanding! I hate hoods typically but actually use this one because of the “crown” cinch that keeps the hood in place.

Felix40

WKR
On a breezy day it’s fine but on a very calm, quiet day it’s a bad choice. I’ve shot deer with my bow while wearing it and I’ve worn it on days when I wished I hadn’t.

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
I wore mine as the primary insulation for 2 seasons in Michigan. Anytime I had it on, I would have a light jacket over it. Partly cause its brown and I wanted to have camo on, and partly for wind protection. It doesn't do much for blocking wind. From what I've read they may be increasing wind blocker deer layers this year so may be worth holding out awhile.

I own and have used 1.0 Uncompahgre for WT tree-stand applications. I no longer use any puffy material in the tree-stand, and haven't looked back. It doesn't block wind and can produce noise. Needs to be utilized as outermost layer to be most efficient because of compression. Best to be thrown on in active hunting situations for temporary pauses in movement (glassing).
The solution is the celsius midi items from Sitka. Very warm, dead quiet, no bulk. The midi pants are not the packable.

Spence14

WKR
I've used mine quite a bit treestand hunting with no issues. I just layer accordingly underneath for different conditions. I've hunted mornings in the low 20's and stayed relatively warm.

I own & have used 1.0 Uncompahgre for WT tree stand applications in NW minnesota. Is it completley silent ...no. But unless you plan on doing jumping jacks in the stand there is nothing to worry about.

CB1

FNG
No issues with the first version here. Shot a deer at 25yards in a ground blind. Not silent but wasn’t enough to cause an issue.

dlintz

FNG
I recently tried the Celsius Midi jacket and was really impressed with how quiet it was. I was considering the Fanatic but the Midi is cheaper and definitely quiet enough for my archery scenario (15-25 yards). Obviously it's not as warm but not a deal breaker for my situation.

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
I have both the Uncompaghre 2.0 jacket and the 1.0 vest. I wear the vest occasionally on chilly early season evenings in the stand but I wouldn’t wear the jacket for bow hunting from a treestand. Not quiet enough for me. The Catalyst with layers or the Solitude is the right choice IME

aarmst95

WKR
I’ve owned several 1.0’s and now the 2.0. I have not yet shot a deer within bow range while wearing it in the stand so you will have to take it for what it’s worth lol. But I do find it quiet enough to use for archery. Is it silent, no. I own the sanctuary set and wanted something light/packable enough to take with me when I really didn’t want to lug the sanctuary around. It has fit that bill. Wouldn’t wear it walking in as I don’t trust it to hold up to any abuse but works well once on stand. Like the fact I can throw a Kifaru guide lid on my Jx3 or throw it on my back with my regular saddle and fit both the unc pants and jacket, snacks, phone charger, and everything I need for a day sit in it.