First Lite Vapor Stormlight

Coach529

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a FL Vapor Stormlight rain jacket back in August 2019. Work amazing the first elk season and for the couple times I used it in the spring while fly fishing.

Fast Forward to 2020 Elk season and it left me wet everytime I wore it for longer than an hour.

It has been washed, but always hung dry. Did I do something wrong, or is this a warranty issue?

Thanks and Happy New Year!!

I own and have been a big proponent of all things First Lite for years; however, my experience with the Vapor Stormlight has been the same. Initially it did its job, but by the second season if was failing and I eventually got a small tear in it and just gave up on it. This last year I dug it out of the back of the closet and decided to see if I could get it replaced under warranty, but I never even heard back. Submitted it for warranty a second time.. same thing. I’ll recommend just about anything of theirs and have without hesitation.... just not this jacket.

I submitted mine through that same link. Hopefully they get you squared away. I’ve had stuff replaced through their warranty program without issues in the past, but for some reason this one hit a wall both times.

OP
Coach529

Coach529

Lil-Rokslider
I submitted mine through that same link. Hopefully they get you squared away. I’ve had stuff replaced through their warranty program without issues in the past, but for some reason this one hit a wall both times.

Did you ever get an RA# to send it in?

No, not even a reply to it. Which after the first time I figured I messed up and didn’t submit it fully, but then no response the second time either. Any items previously submitted were pretty quick for an RA# though. Maybe the third time’s the charm haha.

OP
Coach529

Coach529

Lil-Rokslider
Sent it back last week.

Got an email this morning saying they can replace it or give me a store credit.

I am not to keen on replacing it with the same thing if I am going to have the same issue in another year.

OP
Coach529

Coach529

Lil-Rokslider
Got my new coat. Wore it tonight over a puffy to blow some snow. After an hour I came inside and undressed to find 2 perfect wet stripes on my puffy matching the seams on the coat.

Complete BS.