First lite Vest

isu22andy

WKR
Which one is the one to get for all around hunting? Have a gift card to burn .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondo

WKR
I like the Sawtooth Hybrid when carrying a pack and/or stalking. It also makes for a good mid-layer and is highly versatile.

Glassing or on a stand I like the Uncompahgre for insulation. As with other puffy vests, it is easy to pack away when not needed. I don't recommend it for bushwhacking or as a mid-layer unless the outer layer is a size larger.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Yeah there is no all in one type vest from firstlite. If I only could keep one of their vests it would probably be sawtooth hybrid, but that thing sucks for wind and moisture. It’s a nice quiet over layer though and if you have a base layer with a hood it’s a nice quiet little stalking set up.

I’d blow the gift card on their merino base layers they are top notch.

OP
isu22andy

isu22andy

WKR
Haha I already have a million first lite things just not a vest. I honestly do anything from tree stand hunting in the teens to archery muleys and elk out west.

I like the sawtooth..and according to my inbox they just added a catalyst vest too...
Good Luck!

tgus59

Lil-Rokslider
If it were me, I'd wait for the brooks vest. Get a solid color and use it for more than just hunting.

Ace12

Lil-Rokslider
If the catalyst vest was windproof id jump ALL over it. I have the springer and uncompahgre and like them both, both have their purpose. I like my catalyst as a soft shell, just wish it had remotely any sort of wind proof ness to it

I’ve only ever used mine as an insulation piece and it’s usually under a rain jacket even if I’m trying to cut wind. However, it’s been handy when used over a hooded fleece as well.

OP
isu22andy

isu22andy

WKR
Wonder if the brooks is worth the hype . Wind proof anyone know ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
Only knock on first lite, nothing they have is windproof. Sanctuary bibs are closest thing

JB64

Lil-Rokslider
I literally just sold both the FL Sawtooth Hybrid and Puffy vest. Both are good products with different applications in my opinion. I wore the Puffy Vest a lot. great for layering as well.