first lite vs kuiu pants

Zoomfish

Lil-Rokslider
Wearing pair of FL guide pants now. Super comfy but haven’t taken them afield. Pair of original Kanabs worn back country OR, AZ and S.TX are awesome.

Been goal to pick up pair of attacks to wash away some of my FL fanboy status...but damn hard with deal they have on obsidians right now....might have to pull trigger!

Sorry, no kuiu experience other than super ultra down arriving Friday!

Cheers!

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
Apples to oranges.

FL guide pants are thinner, stretchier, and more comfortable. Roomier fit too.

The attack pants are more versatile. They’re thicker and therefore able to withstand colder temps, and tougher brush. But they also have hip vents that allow them to be used in warm weather also.

There’s a reason a lot of people think the attack pants are the best pants on the market.

That being said I own both and use both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace12

Lil-Rokslider
I own the attack pants, no first lite gear yet. The hip vents on these pants are one of the most underrated inventions out there. While walking im comfortable to 30 degrees here today, and once I get warm it’s amazing how easy it is to cool down by opening the vents. I hate they only come in 34 length. But as far as stretch and comfort I haven’t worn anything that can compare

mtnkid85

WKR
I love my Kuiu Attacks, I LOVE the side zips. Ive been really wanting to try more of FLs stuff but Ive just been so pleased with the attacks I have no real reason to switch.

aion2come

WKR
Bought the FL pants last year after much hype and went to CO. After five days, pants had multiple tears and holes. They were comfy, and I do like the "no stink" factor. That being said, I would not buy them again. Super expensive and may last 2 or 3 weeks in the backcountry. I can find better uses for the $$ they are charging.

Attacks can be warmer or cooler than corrugates, just adjust hip vents to which you desire. They are also quieter and more durable. Easy choice imo.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I’ve had both, and greatly prefer the attacks over the corrugate guide pants I tried. The first lite fit was tough because medium was too big for me, and small was on the edge. I didn’t care for the leg cut on the first lite pants, which just seemed too skinny below the knee for my preferences. While the corrugates has nice stretch, it was pretty extreme. I’d echo what others have said, the attack pants are solid on all fronts.

Apples to oranges.

The attack pants are more versatile. They’re thicker and therefore able to withstand colder temps, and tougher brush. But they also have hip vents that allow them to be used in warm weather also.

There’s a reason a lot of people think the attack pants are the best pants on the market.

I am in this camp. Own two pair of fl corrugate guides and a pair of attacks.

Fl is thinner. Sheds a bit of water. Doesn’t block wind. Baggier. Quiet and don’t hold stink.

Attacks are thicker but not by much. Seem to handle thorns and briars better. More protection. Shed water better and block more wind. Also quiet. Hip vents get a lot of use.

Both pick and pull.

I would say I prefer the attacks for everything but really hot weather and definitely when it is colder. I usually start bow season in my guides and wear a pair for fall turkey. By November I am in the attacks or a set of Sitka timberlines for snow or wet.

If I wear out the guides, I will replace with attacks or the kuiu pro pants.

*zap*

WKR
The used attacks I pick up here on the classies look real well thought out to me.....look forward to wearing them hiking in the next few days.
The first item I have owned from kuiu. Now I need to find some zip off to try out.

JDZ

WKR
I own the attack pants, The hip vents on these pants are one of the most underrated inventions out there. I hate they only come in 34 length.
Hip vents are the deal!
Yeah, I wish they came in 36 inch length. Or unhemmed.

The Attacks are phenomenal. Best all around pant I’ve ever worn. As other users said, the hip vents really help keep you comfortable in warm weather, and the range of temps you can wear them in is impressive. I don’t like wearing base layer bottoms unless it’s really cold or I’m sitting a lot. So I like that they’re a little heavier. I’ve worn the FL Obsidians as well, but haven’t tried the guides. Checked them out at our local outdoor show though and think they’d be a great pant as well. Just don’t think they’d be as comfortable as the Attacks on the cooler days.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Apples to oranges.

I totally disagree with you on durability. I have also used both a lot. The Guide pants are tougher than the Attacks in my uses. The Guide pants also have way more stretch.

You are right on apples to oranges. The Kutana pants are much similar to the FL guide pants in thickness and both being nylon. The attacks are warmer but more versatile with the hip vents.

Hip vents are the deal!
Yeah, I wish they came in 36 inch length. Or unhemmed.

They make the attack in tall now with a specified 37” inseam. I have a pair and I would say they are a legit 36”+

ChrisAU

WKR
Bought the FL pants last year after much hype and went to CO. After five days, pants had multiple tears and holes. They were comfy, and I do like the "no stink" factor. That being said, I would not buy them again. Super expensive and may last 2 or 3 weeks in the backcountry. I can find better uses for the $$ they are charging.

You must be referencing the Obsidians/Kanabs, not the Guide Pants.

MillCreekMike

Lil-Rokslider
I switched from FL to Kuiu. I never liked Corrugate, I found them to be noisy & fit funny. I really liked my Kanabs but they had many tears patched up and the fabric seamed to get weaker as they aged. So I use Attack & Kutana pants now. The Kutana's are tough and light weight, not as streachy as attack pants but still give. I will be getting another pair for early season. Attack pants are the most comfortable hunting pants that have ever covered my ass. They do get pulłs in them but have never torn on me. Oh yeah, hip vents, hip vents, hip vents!!! I can't say enough about them.
Don't get stuck on one brand. Most of my kit is FL, but I do have other brand gear too. After trying both (Sitka just didn't fit me right) I like Kuiu's pants the best.

novcie870

WKR
I’m with Mike on this. Mostly first lite upper and mostly kuiu pants. My favorite are the attacks and then axis for later in the season.