First Lite vs Kuiu

Buy whatever fits you and your budget best. Both make high quality gear. I chose first lite because they actually support public land access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisC

Lil-Rokslider
I have a mix. IMO first lite has much more comfortable merino. they do run a little bigger though, so you may want to size down.

Wish first lite had zip off base layers, which Kuiu has.

Kuiu's super down jacket is very light and keeps you real warm.

ianpadron

WKR
I personally don't think they compare well at all.

This will quickly turn into a KUIU bash-fest per usual but their stuff is superior in my experience.

The few First Lite pieces I've owned did not perform as advertised, and there is a KUIU counterpart that is better.

FL should stick to Merino products...those really are awesome, but the sizing is still boxy and baggy.

My two cents.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Rmauch20

WKR
I have a mix of FL and Kuiu stuff. I prefer FL merino base layers over kuiu. They just seem softer and a little thicker. I prefer the fit of Kuiu coats to FL.

lkwoolsey

WKR
I mix it all. I like Kuiu rain gear, it fits me much better and also has outperformed other rain gear I've used (I live and hunt in NW Washington, so pretty much never hunt out of my rain gear.) Also use Kuiu gloves and t shirts. I personally also use a lot of Outdoor Research clothing (pants, gaiters, etc) because it is just as good, and many times you can find it for cheaper. I have a first lite puffy, and really like it. Honestly they're all decent companies. Alot of backpacking and mountaineering companies make comparable stuff, just not in camo. But green and brown work fine too, at least for me.

I like both and Sitka as well. I have more first lite than kuiu. Big fan of the kuiu pants and a soft shell. Tops are a bit athletic for my fit.

I like the fl shirts, tops fleeces and puffy. Their soft shell was not my favorite for fit reasons and I wanted a few more pockets. My rain gear tore up a bit faster than I liked so I now have a kuiu bottom and Sitka top.

Really can't go wrong with either. Figure out what fits you and go with that.

idig4au

WKR

This will quickly turn into a KUIU bash-fest per usual but their stuff is superior in my experience.

The few First Lite pieces I've owned did not perform as advertised, and there is a KUIU counterpart that is better.

FL should stick to Merino products...those really are awesome, but the sizing is still boxy and baggy.

My two cents.

I have same experience with FL. I found their wool products made me really itchy as compared to their competitors. FL is just not for me even though it's a quality product from a construction standpoint.

I tend to wear a mix a bit of Kuiu, Sitka and arc'teryx as I found a single manufacturer doesn't make the perfect complete kit, but each seems to have their own strengths. I also don't care if I wear complete camo or it the camo patterns match.

OP
A
Thanks for all the advise. More and more I look at each ones line I think will try a little of each then see where that leads me. Thanks again and good hunting.

My two cents.

If you're boxy and baggy, First Lite fits great.
I am 5'8", 190lbs, 35" waist, 44" chest.
I wear size 36/30 Levis and they're slightly loose on me.
First Lite pant and sleeve lengths work really well for me.
It seems that KUIU is only interested in customers over 6' tall.
So far, I love my FL Corrugates and Chama gear in Fusion.