First Lite Whitetail Bibs?

Forgive me if this has been answered already, I read through the 2021 FL thread and didnt see an answer..

Is FL planning something new for their 2021 whitetail bibs? The Sanctuary bibs have been sold out on their site for a long time and the Solitude has been on sale and then sold out as well.. I (and I'd assume many others) am anxiously awaiting a new Solitude weight bib with some sort of wind proofing in them. They are the perfect weight for 90% of my hunting, except the wind cuts right through them and I find myself chilled on days I shouldn't be chilled.

Anyone know whats going on with that line?

Semi-related question: Has anyone tried both the woodbury jacket and the solitude jacket? How does the warmth compare? I know they lowered the insulation in the solitude, which is what has kept me from switching, but I feel like I am kinda missing out on the kit-link thing and getting to use the hand warmer on the bibs. I suppose I could always just wear one more layer under it when its cold?

TSAMP

WKR
Woodbury is heavier than solitude. I have Woodbury and asked that question to CS awhile back. Woodbury is kind of a halfway point between the solitude and sanctuary I was told. I'd love to find Woodbury bibs.

Agreed that the woodbury is heavier, but the solitude material is much more durable. Pretty sure the solitude is the same softshell face in the catalyst. The woodbury hasuch more spring to it.

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
They will only be offering the Solitude system in the new Specter camo, which is why you are seeing it out of stock. I'm pretty certain there will be no other changes to them, but there is always a possibility they could throw us a curve ball.

As others have said, the Woodbury is in between the Sanctuary and the Solitude. The Solitude system is way more durable than the Woodbury as it does have a softshell outshell, but is still quiet enough for archery hunting. It's my go to system for all cold weather hunting, I just prepare myself with layers accordingly.

NDGuy

WKR
They will only be offering the Solitude system in the new Specter camo, which is why you are seeing it out of stock. I'm pretty certain there will be no other changes to them, but there is always a possibility they could throw us a curve ball.
I bought the Sanctuary's because of the sale but still annoyed I have been hearing they suck in the wind.

Idk a guy would even want a heavy set of bibs/jacket without wind blocking tech in them. FL dropping the ball in that regard.

OP
cornfedkiller
I bought the Sanctuary's because of the sale but still annoyed I have been hearing they suck in the wind.

Idk a guy would even want a heavy set of bibs/jacket without wind blocking tech in them. FL dropping the ball in that regard.

The sanctuary bibs seem to cut the wind just fine.. never been cold in them. But they are too bulky and warm for November in Iowa.

NDGuy

WKR
The sanctuary bibs seem to cut the wind just fine.. never been cold in them. But they are too bulky and warm for November in Iowa.
Yes I haven't used first hand but general consensus is FL does not have the windblocking ability as Sitka.

OP
cornfedkiller
Yes I haven't used first hand but general consensus is FL does not have the windblocking ability as Sitka.

Nope. And the stratus bibs would be perfect for me except the microfleece outer fabric picks up every burr within 100 yards.

I had a Woodbury jacket and sold it to get a solitude in a larger size. The pass through pockets are a neat feature that you will use if you have the bibs, but are not worth the cost of an upgrade by themselves IMO.

Lowg08

WKR
I was told from first lite the sanctuary will be getting a refresher and available again mid or late summer

STL

FNG
Woodbury has 125g insulation so a bit more than the solitude’s 100g. The solitude is a nice set and the kit link is cool but probably not worth upgrading to if you’re happy with the Woodbury imo. They did drop the ball on the lack of wind blocker though. That said, with certain layers, it does fine in the wind for me.

I talked to a first lite rep and he told me the sanctuary will be getting the kit link. He also said new whitetail items will be announced in the summer.

I used the solitude last year. The different layers I used were furnace shirt and LJs, kiln shirt, wick shirt and boxers. On multiple occasions I got cold in temps I would not have expected to for all the layers I had on. I needed to throw a body warmer pack in the chest pocket of the bibs to maintain core warmth in the wind. One thing about the bibs, they have a waterproof seat but it is a material that is both noisy and not very durable.

i did like the pass through pockets, which also doubled as a way to dump heat when walking. For how much that set up costs, and With no windblocker in the works this year for FL I made the jump to sitka for my whitetail kit this year. With taxes and shipping FL isn't materially cheaper given the lack of windstopper. I say that about the price because FL is direct to consumer so youd think the value would be reflected either in the price or the technology. But seems like it all goes to the marketing.

@Kbhillhunter makes some good points. I never noticed that FL adjusted pricing when they went direct. I always felt like kuiu had an edge in that regard because their comparable pieces were price just a bit less than sitka and others.

when I bought my solitude set, I was very close to switching to Sitka. I find the first lite s little less specialized. I have used my jacket and bibs for duck and winter rabbit hunting in addition to deer. A windy day might make me regret that but so far, so good.