First Lite Zip offs first test

Bought the Kiln full length for last Sept elk hunting and they were great. Total game changer for me not taking my boots off to add or subtract my base layer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fwafwow

WKR
Interesting, I just got the Fuse boot top in medium. Most pants I buy are 33x32, and they fit great up top just are too short. They look about 3-4 inches shorter than yours so I have a pretty big gap between the top of my boots and the bottom of the Fuse.

Since the website doesn't list the actual inseam for the boot top's, it's tough to know if they will be too short or not. The full length mediums probably would look the same on me as your boot top large.
I've got a pair of all three - Fuse, Furnace and Kiln. The Fuse and Furnace are "boot cut" - 3/4 length and much shorter than the Kiln. I didn't realize it (probably my bad - I put all 3 on my wishlist and pulled the trigger as soon as they were released). I personally don't like the feel of the boot cut stopping mid-calf.

Is the zipper cover at the top (waistline) a noticeable bulge? This is my gripe with the kuiu, if you layer the zip offs its extremely uncomfortable because of the velcro flap
I got a pair of the full length kiln bottoms a few months back, have only had them out a few times but always under boots and a backpack, still haven't noticed the zipper is there while hiking. Definitely a game changer being able to strip the base bottoms off without having to remove boots/gaiters!

Is the zipper cover at the top (waistline) a noticeable bulge? This is my gripe with the kuiu, if you layer the zip offs its extremely uncomfortable because of the velcro flap

It's certainly thicker there than the standard waistband, I did assume I would feel it a bit under my pack belt but never did...maybe with an animal in the pack but the bottoms would be coming off anyway in that scenario

Woodmo

FNG
They are extremely comfortable. I wore them just once without another layer under them, I felt the zipper all of 15 seconds until I started walking with them. If you've been on the fence, take the leap, I'm sure you would love them.
Thanks for the response. They will be added to my cart as soon as FL gets more in stock.

eai2l

FNG
So I received my First Lite order two days ago which included the new Zip off long johns. Obviously it is still 95 degrees here in California so i cannot comment on how well they function as a layer to keep you warm but I wore them around the house for awhile and at no time was i even aware there was a zipper running down my leg. I tried the other brand of Zip offs and was always aware of that zipper to the point where it was flat out annoying. Hopefully in a few months I will be able to report back and tell everyone the zippers held up perfectly, they kept me warm and a little less stinky. For now I can report these seem to be a game changer for me. I love the idea of being able to take these on and off without removing my boots. So far an A+

eai2l

FNG
Are the FL significantly hotter than the KUIU? I was leaning towards the KUIU because it is only 145GSM versus FL’s 200GSM, but if the temperature difference is negligible then I’d rather have the more comfortable waist.

ChrisAU

WKR
No, I actually sold my Kuiu 145's after getting FL 200's. They are very similar in actual weight, my FL 200's in size large are exactly 1.05 oz heavier than the Kuiu 145's I had in size large, and the merino is a touch more comfortable and the waist band is better. The Kuius were baggy on me too which was odd, I have thick legs, the FL fit me better.