First lite!!?

I have quiet a few pieces of their gear. No complaints with any of it. Their customer service is also top notch in my experience. I recently had an order lost in the mail. I called to inquire about it and they sent a new package with it hesitation. Even offered to expedite the shipping if I needed them too. Hard to beat that.

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
This is 100% true. What would their product cost if they weren’t direct to customer? 1000’s? Lol. Them and all the other direct to customers have us all fooled. It’s more $ for them. It’s a good sales gimmick for them. The products I have of theirs are very good. I try to purchase on sale or used.
Within 2 year of going direct their prices were higher than they were when they were in stores..the change, hip new pattern and popularity in relation the the show

I still wear the first lite I have but have found Kuiu items to be more impressive once in hand

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Squirrels

WKR
I’ll give my 2 cents on what I believe to be the gripe. Lack of windblocker in some pieces that make sense to have it in. Pricing based on direct to consumer. What I mean by that is if you take into account that other manufacturers have some more technical features (ie windblock and other things) and excellent design features, compared to FL, it’s my opinion that some feel FL actually cost a consumer more for what they get. I own both and like both based on what pieces I’ve settled on. FL base layers are great but their outer layers leave a lot to be desired for me compared to offerings from others.

Oregonboy

WKR
I still wear the first lite I have but have found Kuiu items to be more impressive once in hand

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree more on Kuiu. I've ran FL for the last few years, order some Kuiu stuff recently and was pleasantly surprised.

Shraggs

WKR
I’ll not judge on ownership until it manifests into customer service and or product quality. But on radar.

That said their merino base layers I love. The kanabs II great. Chamberlain is a great warm puffy. Sawtooth is innovative and I like it.

I agree some products lack wind bloc but that’s a marketing miss and I look elsewhere.

Great hunting gear is a hodgepodge of brands for each unique person… doesn’t have to be a one brand commitment IMO.

Squirrels

WKR
I’ll not judge on ownership until it manifests into customer service and or product quality. But on radar.

That said their merino base layers I love. The kanabs II great. Chamberlain is a great warm puffy. Sawtooth is innovative and I like it.

I agree some products lack wind bloc but that’s a marketing miss and I look elsewhere.

Great hunting gear is a hodgepodge of brands for each unique person… doesn’t have to be a one brand commitment IMO.
Agreed, not sure why one thinks they have to go 100% with one company. Hunting gear is not like picking a woman....it doesn't have to be all or nothing.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Why have I lately seen a lot of people posting and saying bad things about first lite?

Are they just haters that can’t afford it? Is there somthing about the company? What is it?
This cracks me up. First of all-to imply that one doesn't care for their gear because they can't afford it is juvenile.
I don't see any hate for FL on here, on the contrary, seems widely accepted as higher end stuff.

I tell my kids all the time that knowing what you DON'T like is just as important as knowing what you do like. Whether it be food, a person, gear etc. Personal preference is just that-MY preference and opinion is MINE. Why does it have to turn into a pissing match all the time?

It's been said before about brand loyalty and hunting gear-knowing what piece is best from each company generally works out to be the winner. For me, FL makes the best stretch belt period. The rest of their stuff doesn't make my top choices, but that is MY experience and opinion. You still get to retain yours!!

Reminds me of the old, SILLY argument that you would hear from boots in a bar. The young Marine wants to sit there and tell the Army dog why they are better, the other responds with their SF units and capabilities, and the what is really funny-its always an admin wheenie arguing with a supply guy! Who cares!
Ford/Chevy/Ram/waste of time argument

equinox

FNG
The whole meateater marketing machine has become kind of nauseating to me. Kind of a turn off imo.
I crack up every time I see those camera shots on the First Lite logo. Nugent was the absolute king of brand recognition... I never get turned off though, I just laugh at it.