First lite?

Wrongside

WKR
The only advantage I give to synthetics over merino is durability. Worn my first lite about 14 days in the field thus far and already have two holes in it.

That has been my experience also. (not FirstLite stuff though.) I still love merino, but from here on in, I think I'll probably mainly use it for baselayer tops. For the most part that's where the stench comes from on me... :)

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I don't have any merino pants, but could see if I did that they would wear out more than say the Kuiu Attacks. However, all my merino tops are in pretty good shape. I have 14+ days in my Chama hoody I got on Oct 3rd and no wear at all. Its great and warm though way to warm for anything during the summer for sure!!! I like my Stoic hoody as its I'd guess half the weight so pefect for summer hiking. Late fall though that first lite Chama is pretty sweet.

Wrongside

WKR
Says you! I can think of another place on you that stench comes from, especially after certain Mountain House meals. :p

Hey now!! What happened to "What happens on the mountain, stays on the mountain."? :p

I will concede, in hindsight, that Wild West Chili & Beans may have been a poor meal choice for a weather day and being stuck in the shelter most of the day...

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Now that I have had my first lite for over three months and they have been washed at least 6 times or so, they have lost that wet dog smell