First Major Hunt Since Having Kids

kf1983

Lil-Rokslider
My son is 2 and daughter, 8 months. This means I am a weekend warrior for at least another year. Planning my first week+ hunting trip to be AK coastal black bear 2023. Open to spring or fall. Open to suggestions and leaning towards a guide (budget around $8k). Does anyone have experience in Southeast AK hunting black bears?

Some details:
Earliest Spring 2023
Max 8-9 days
Budget $8k

Would like:
To be able to fish in the daytime
Shoot a bow (open to rifle)
AK preferably
Want spot and stalk over sitting

I know you said coastal Alaska but it sounds like you are open to suggestions. My dad has used a guide in Manitoba and has been trying to get me to go for years. They typically stand hunt over bait and that doesn't interest me but the guide also offers spot & stalk agriculture field hunts (bow or rifle). Big bears too, my Uncle shot an 850# black bear and my dad has two between 350-400#. I'll have my dad send me a picture and post it. All in, it would be about half your budget too. It's a pretty remote area, not Alaska fly in remote but what is? You can fish during the day and if you fill your tag, they have plenty of wolves.

If you are interested I can get the information.

OP
K

kf1983

Lil-Rokslider
I know you said coastal Alaska but it sounds like you are open to suggestions. My dad has used a guide in Manitoba and has been trying to get me to go for years. They typically stand hunt over bait and that doesn't interest me but the guide also offers spot & stalk agriculture field hunts (bow or rifle). Big bears too, my Uncle shot an 850# black bear and my dad has two between 350-400#. I'll have my dad send me a picture and post it. All in, it would be about half your budget too. It's a pretty remote area, not Alaska fly in remote but what is? You can fish during the day and if you fill your tag, they have plenty of wolves.

If you are interested I can get the information.
Thanks. Id be happy to check it out.

Bloodvein River Outfitters. I'm still waiting on my dad to get me a picture of their bears but he isn't great with technology. They show plenty of big bears on their website though.