First Minnesota buck

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
Finally connected on my first Minnesota deer since moving out here. Hiked into some state land about a half mile back. Got my XOP setup up on a nice big oak with plenty of sign under it on the back end of an old clear cut. Within an hour this guy came out of a ravine about 90 yards to my right. Threaded the shot through some thick popple sapplings and he dropped instantly. A great hunt and couldn't be happier to put my tag on him!

This was my third year of hunting out here. Lots of long cold sits in the tree stand and plenty of frustration but it finally paid off. I have been way to picky in the hopes I'd see some of the big mature deer on my trail cams. I finally realized that it's not just about the antlers, it's about filling the freezer! Really pumped that I was able to get him on public land as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0937.jpg
    IMG_0937.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 102

mhabiger

FNG
Nice job and nice buck! Growing up hunting public and private land in central Minnesota pine and oak we landed in the same spot, just be happy filling the freezer. Every buck was a good buck, forkie on up!