First muzzleloader CVA accura vs Traditions Nitrofire

Hello all, this will be my first year using a muzzleloader here at home and hopefully in some surrounding states. It wasn't even on my radar until my Montana hunt got cancelled due to quarantine requirements for my crap state and job. Anyhow I'm looking at 4 different ones and don't want to crack $700 with scope. I can always upgrade in a year or 2 as both of my boys will eventually need one. Anyhow I'm looking at the TC pro hunter FX, the TC impact sb (weather shield), the cva accura MR, and the cva accura v2. I definitely want one that has some sort of weather proofing being my first year and will need to learn how to clean em properly. I love TC rifles and have 2 of em but did have an issue with the last one immediately after opening the box. They took care of it. I heard that the quality has gone down in recent years and can say I definitely see a difference in my older venture vs the new one I purchased. I love the looks of the pro hunter but heard it's a bit*h to clean. The impact SB I can get for $230 right now and heard good reviews but i really want one i can get out to 250 comfortably. Heard great things about the accura but not good things about their customer service and don't know much about them. I would get the nitride version of whatever one I get. I like how the accura mountain version is lightweight like the pro hunter but not sure if the shorter barrel will shorten my effective range. Last but not least, the pro hunter is just beautiful compared to the others imo. Yes looks matter to me. I know, I know, another what muzzleloader should I buy post. "Just go pick em up and see what feels best". I can't do that. Their is not a shop that has both around me . Let me know what you think.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I killed a bull elk at 538 yds with a used $250 cva accura v2 $150 vortex crossfire ll 3-9x40 327 gr Parker products black max a magnum sub base and 104 gr blackhorn 209 the gun puts 3 touching at 100 yards

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
TonySkyline
Do you lose some yardage with the cva accura MR?

I dunno on that the barrel on my accura v2 is 27" idk on the MR i believe its 24" but not sure

If you ONLY plan to shoot sabots and never use it in a western state like Colorado, the T/C would be a good rifle.

if you EVER think you might shoot conicals out of it or hunt Colorado, where you have to shoot conicals, get the CVA

CVAs will reliably shoot both. T/C will only reliably shoot sabots.

I killed a bull elk at 538 yds with a used $250 cva accura v2 $150 vortex crossfire ll 3-9x40 327 gr Parker products black max a magnum sub base and 104 gr blackhorn 209 the gun puts 3 touching at 100 yards

Was that with a 45 cal or 50 cal CVA Acucura? Did you use a Sabot?

OP
TonySkyline
50 cal using sabots from Parker productions and magnum sub base from muzzleloadingbullets.com

Woooow. I'll be honest. I really hate the looks of the cvas but I've heard waaay to many good things not to get one. Maybe I'll get both but I think the accura will be my first ML even though i have a huge love for TC.

cody1898

FNG
Woooow. I'll be honest. I really hate the looks of the cvas but I've heard waaay to many good things not to get one. Maybe I'll get both but I think the accura will be my first ML even though i have a huge love for TC.

Let us know how it goes. I’m interested in picking it up as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TonySkyline
I've almost placed an order like 6 times already but I keep hesitating. I feel like I should be buying another AR or something with all the crazy sh1t going on right now and the election coming. At least they cant track a muzzleloader. Lol. All ya need is 1 shot! I'll definitely post a review when I get both and post to my YouTube page.

iashow

WKR
I have had. good accuracy and enjoy shooting my T/C Impact. Have put a Leupold 3x9-40 Heavy Duplex Shotgun/Muzzleloader scope on it.

OP
TonySkyline
I still am not sure on any of them but definitely leaning towards the accura MR. I like how light it is and will probably top it with a Leopold freedom 3x9 muzzleloader scope. Maybe I'll just grab the more affordable impact sb. Idk yet but I'll definitely need something to get me in the ML game this fall! I really like that my son just finished his bow course and now I have someone to pass down everything to so me upgrading won't feel so selfish, lol

I've got both an Encore and a CVA Accura V2. With Thor 300gr bullets they both shoot under an inch group. I like the fact that you can get a Blackhorn specific breech plug for the CVA. I think T/C lacks in that department. The older design Encore 209x50 breech plug is better designed for Blackhorn powder than the new ones.

OP
TonySkyline
See i am such a noob with this stuff I have no idea what blackhorn is. I assume its a type of powder as I've heard it mentioned before. I do i go about learning what shoots best out of ML I do get? Is their a rule of thumb to test different stuff while being safe?