First or second???

I know I want a nx8 4-32x50 but can’t decide between first and second focal plane. I plan on hunting with it a lot. But I also want to do some long range target shooting. The gun it’s going on is a christensen arms traverse 338 lapua.
I have always owned second focal plane scopes!
Pros and cons of each? Thanks for any advice

Geewhiz

WKR
I like ffp as it allows you to use the reticle for holdovers and windage at any power and it’s a fixed size relative to the target. Also I like a fine reticle so that’s a plus.

I bought a 4-32 NX8 recently, was initially looking for FFP but ended up gettint the SFP with the Mil CF2D reticle. It has numbering accurate for both 16x and 32x built into the reticle which makes it pretty easy to find something that works at most ranges for hold calls. I'm happy with it, its much more useable for hunting situations. If its a hunting rifle or dual use rifle with potenial for shots under 100yards SFP, if its a target rifle for FFP would be better. Mine is on a rifle that does both so SFP made sense and I don't feel hindered competing with it at all. Eurooptic has some demo NF at good discounts, this is the one I purchased https://www.eurooptic.com/Nightforc...L-ZeroStop-CW-Illum-Demo-Riflescope-C640.aspx

I have both and only hunt. I like them both. For my shorter range whitetail and heavy cover guns I use SFP. For all my longer range, western elk/mule deer guns I have set up with FFP.