First post been lurking awhile

I’m shooting a Hoyt satori riser 17” 40# trad tech limbs the cheap ones wood glass ones I’m consistently hitting right at 20yds anywhere from 4-6 inches every time I’m shooting with a clicker that I pull through it’s the same poi no matter the point weight. What do y’all think is it my grip or?? And for reference I’m drawing 26ish at the center of the springy rest with a 30 inch 400 spine Easton axis with 100 grain insert and 125 head. Again first post so I hope I posted this in the right place.

OkayestHNTR

Lil-Rokslider
Might try slo-mo recording your shot and get a better idea what your bow arm and release are doing (Something Snyder has mentioned numerous times on KifaruCast).

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk Pro

Rob5589

WKR
Welcome! I'm new to a single string bow myself and have found slow motion video to be the best way for me to see arrow flight. For reference, I'm shooting a 46lb recurve, elevated rest, 29.5" draw, 31.5" .400 spine, 200 total head weight. I use the same off my ILF at 48lbs and it seems to tune so far. You're probably on the stiff side.

Hawkeye29

Lil-Rokslider
Does sound like you would be very stiff though considering you are holding less than 40#’s on your fingers

OP
R
Thanks for the help guys after further review I’ve found that my form is a hot soup sandwich if I’m not fully focused. If I take my time and pay attention to my anchor I can stack my fletched arrows and a bare shaft in about a 5 inch circle at 20 if I just slow the hell down.

Good chance you could be cantting your bow to much. Possibly dropping bow arm. Is arrow flight straight or whipping left to right. If so brase height. Porpussing is arrow spine or knocking point. No need for bare shaft. Been shooting recurve for 42yrs never shot a bare shaft. Thats not what i shoot at deer with so i dont tune my bow that way. Feathers are forgiving why put yourself through that. Recuves are so simple. Brace height, knocking point, arrow spine. Only 3 things you ever need to know.

smoke

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome Rusty. I assume by now you have received the welcoming package from Eddielasvegas - on our behalf!

A quick way to check on whether spine is the problem is to use a notably heavier tip. Swap out your 125 grain tip for something north of 200 and see what happens. If spine is the problem, you'll know it after this test. Let us know how it goes!

OP
R
Good chance you could be cantting your bow to much. Possibly dropping bow arm. Is arrow flight straight or whipping left to right. If so brase height. Porpussing is arrow spine or knocking point. No need for bare shaft. Been shooting recurve for 42yrs never shot a bare shaft. Thats not what i shoot at deer with so i dont tune my bow that way. Feathers are forgiving why put yourself through that. Recuves are so simple. Brace height, knocking point, arrow spine. Only 3 things you ever need to know.
Slowed my shot sequence down and played with brace height a little thought I had the sweet spot turns out I didn’t I increased it a little and really brought my groups closer to center hell it even got the bare shaft shooting better.

sneaky

"DADDY"
You're still a little overspined on your shafts. Especially at that poundage. Leaving them long helps a little, but 500s would shoot better for you and save a lot of headaches. They'll be more forgiving of imperfect releases. You can make those 400s shoot if you do everything just right, but if you are off on one thing...
If all you have are those 400s, load up on point weight and break that spine down a bit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk