First Post First Lite questions.

gearjunkie

Lil-Rokslider
The amount of information on this site blows any other away from what I have seen regarding high level hunting outerwear. I am moving from Fusion to Cipher. I am selling the following pieces and revamping.

Kanab 2.0
Uncompaghre vest
Halstead Fleece
Vapor storm light
Brimmed beanie
Glenbrook aerowool pants
Wilkin aerowool top
Chama halfzip (non hooded)
Aerowool neck gaiter
The small gaiters

I am basically liquidating all of this to change it up to cipher and rethink my layering system. I hunt in upstate NY. The temps are most often from low 20s to low 40s. Sometimes it gets hotter sometimes it gets colder. I usually still hunt but there are always exceptions when the woods get really loud I will get stationary.

The kanabs are amazing but take a beating on undergrowth and thorns. Once grabbed its nearly impossible to get them unstuck without making a racket. I was considering moving to the corrugate unless the obsidian sheds thorns better and holds up better.

The halstead most often was my outer layer when moving but like the kanabs it grabs everything and started to pile very fast. So in turn was thinking maybe a north branch would serve me better. Maybe the sawtooth? But I don't think that will shed undergrowth any better than the halstead.

Im may go with the chama with a hood in Cipher as a mid layer.

So while moving I have base layers of some kind under corrugates on the bottom. A base layer then chama under the north branch.

I was considering the uncompahgre pants and jacket for stationary pursuits. Or the north branch pant to throw on with a woodbury jacket.

I guess im wondering if the uncompahgre pants and jacket over the other pieces will be warm enough when Im sitting before dawn and its in the high teens moving into the 20s? Or do I need need to move to something warmer like the north branch/woodbury. I want to be able to pack this stuff with me at all times. I try to carry a pack thats around 1500CI. I also need to be able to layer a little when its pretty cold and I am moving. When it gets super cold I used to throw the uncompahgre vest and the vapor storm light over the halstead when moving.

I won't be purchasing until before next season but figured I would start doing research now. Im sure First Lite will come out with a couple more articles to make my choices even harder.

Does anyone have any insight from similar conditions?

Thanks folks!