First post! Thanks for letting me join the forum.

Just wanted to say thanks for letting me join the forum! Was curious how many people on here are from the Idaho pan handle? I just moved to St. maries from central Oregon. Just looking to meet and chat with some fellow hunters of this gorgeous country up here. Here's my first idaho elk as well. Called him in opening day 40 yard shot and smoked him, he only made it 50 yards and was done.

IMG954506.jpg

The wife helping pack out.

Attachments

• IMG_4559_2.jpg
    IMG_4559_2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 132

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Welcome to the Forums. glad to see you here. you guys will fit right in.

boom

WKR
aw krapp..who left the door unlocked again?

ahha..jk..welcome new dude.

OP
Bowhunt3r208
Welcome.... I would like to hear about your area....i've never been.

What would you like to know lol? I don't know it super well yet just moved here last year. It's thick and nasty steep country compared to where I'm use to hunting in central Oregon. Seems like the wolves really like to mess up hunts as well sadly :( haven't been lucky enough to shoot a wolf yet! It's on the hitlist though this year for sure!

a9c17e34356fff4db80cf412fd8b48f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
I was just curious as to how you like it.

Driving through Southern Idaho last year seemed like its losing some of its charm; fast food places and chains moving in like crazy.

My buddy moved into a rural area here in Ca [outside Redding] and on the surface its beautiful...but after living there you see the dirty underbelly, ie- the white trash folks..... the meth and other drugs that are wrecking peoples lives.

ElkNut1

WKR
Welcome bud to you & the wife! Nice work on your elk, pretty cool you called it in, I assume you were cow calling? Congrats!

Yep, I hunt west central ID, looks pretty much like your area!

ElkNut1

OP
Bowhunt3r208
I was just curious as to how you like it.

Driving through Southern Idaho last year seemed like its losing some of its charm; fast food places and chains moving in like crazy.

My buddy moved into a rural area here in Ca [outside Redding] and on the surface its beautiful...but after living there you see the dirty underbelly, ie- the white trash folks..... the meth and other drugs that are wrecking peoples lives.

That's understandable it's like that in most the places I've lived seems to be less white trash and drugs here but it's still here haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk