First real pack

GiantGreg

Lil-Rokslider
Ok guys I'm in the market for first real pack. Up to this point. I tried to never venture future than a mile from the truck. Shoot drag. (Major suck)
I ground hunt in hills of Tennessee. I seen some pictures of guys using the kifaru stryker to basically pack out a deer and pigs whole. Just strap them in and walk out. So this peaked interest. Up to this point i just carried a camel bak with my food, water, kill kit, calls.
This would allow me to go further back. And get one out quicker and easier.
I day hunt. No intention of going out west
Is you're kifaru stryker what I'm looking for? Other options? I'm new to packs. Its alot of coin for backpack.

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
Kifaru makes very good products. I would not hesitate to recommend one, just find the bag that will suit your needs.

gleason51

Lil-Rokslider
Stone Glacier is another great option, though spendy. If you know anyone in your area that has a Stone Glacier, Exo, Kifaru, MR, etc, definitely see if you can try em out with weight loaded in them. All those brands are great, but packs fit different people differently!

OP
GiantGreg

GiantGreg

Lil-Rokslider
Speaking of fitting differently.
I'm 6'9"

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
Stone Glacier is another great option, though spendy. If you know anyone in your area that has a Stone Glacier, Exo, Kifaru, MR, etc, definitely see if you can try em out with weight loaded in them. All those brands are great, but packs fit different people differently!
+1
BB.jpg

AA.jpg

fatlander

WKR
Speaking of fitting differently.
I'm 6'9"

Pretty sure Kifaru can make you a custom 28” frame. I’d give them a call. They’re always very responsive to answering questions. Can’t go wrong with the rhino in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Seek Outside makes frames that go to 28" as well, but just because someone is 6'9" doesn't mean they need a 28" frame. I've seen plenty of short torso dudes who are that tall. All legs. Best thing to do is to get measured for a frame size at an outdoor store near you instead of guessing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
With Kifaru the ability to select from 4 different attachment points on the frame for the load lifters allows a range of torso sizes to use the same frame size.

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
Ok guys I'm in the market for first real pack. Up to this point. I tried to never venture future than a mile from the truck. Shoot drag. (Major suck)
I ground hunt in hills of Tennessee. I seen some pictures of guys using the kifaru stryker to basically pack out a deer and pigs whole. Just strap them in and walk out. So this peaked interest. Up to this point i just carried a camel bak with my food, water, kill kit, calls.
This would allow me to go further back. And get one out quicker and easier.
I day hunt. No intention of going out west
Is you're kifaru stryker what I'm looking for? Other options? I'm new to packs. Its alot of coin for backpack.

Check out Bink's Lodge in Franklin. They carry Mystery Ranch and you might be able to test fit several styles. You might like the Pop Up 28 too if you are looking for something to carry the essentials and possibly a few animals out...

22Jdub

Lil-Rokslider
Stryker sounds like it would fit you situation perfectly. Add a couple medium belt pouches and you'd be ready to day hunt and easily pack out a deer. I've had packs from mystery ranch and exo and really like way you can customize not only the addition of pouches but how and where the bag and straps attach to frame. You can move the straps depending on how you will use the pack. The rest are all in fixed positions

OP
GiantGreg

GiantGreg

Lil-Rokslider
Ok. As of right now. I've moved the stryker to position 2. Top choice is SG avail 2200 wirh x curve. 2nd.
Kifaru stryker. 3rd SG solo. X curve Any further input on on avail and solo?

Last edited:
OP
GiantGreg

GiantGreg

Lil-Rokslider
So I ended up ordering a kifaru 28" frame with Stryker.
It was a hard choice. I almost went with Stone Glacier, but ultimately the thing that pushed kifaru over top was how cargo panel on the styker seems to be easier to load and unload vs meat shelf on SG. Tough choice, hope it was right one. Hopefully get it in a few weeks.

you just went down a huge rabbit hole. prepare to spend money and days on the internet researching... every pack mentioned above are great packs. you really could not go wrong with any of them.

OP
GiantGreg

GiantGreg

Lil-Rokslider
I recieved my stryker and 28" frame. Very happy.
Took it Turkey hunting. Not got to haul and game yet. But.
So far i like it.
Seems very high quality and very well thought out.